"The connection has timed out." Error

Shiver

Posting for someone else since they can't access the website...

My friend can't access the website or login because of the following errors. They've tried reinstalling, restarting the computer, and restarting their router.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This has happened to me before as well. Unfortunately you just have to run it as admin and open it as many time as it takes for it to open and if it doesn't work. Open up task manager and hit end process to all the Launcher.exe and repeat step one.

It's either because the site is down, maybe just for you or for possibly everyone else as well or it's just being slow. Keep trying or wait a while and then try again after some time.

Well he was trying for several hours last night, but I'll ask him to give it another go when he gets home.

Edit: He contacted Cloudflare and they said their service was down in his area at that time, but now it's back up. He's now able to login and access the website.

Edited by Shiver

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the issue with that is the cloud Flare, someone told me that "Cloud Flare" is the DDOS protection used on the launcher and when Cloud Flare is down then the launcher is as well. I'm not sure if this is 100% correct but I myself experience this issue constantly and it is a real hassle. Just my two cents~~

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the issue with that is the cloud Flare, someone told me that "Cloud Flare" is the DDOS protection used on the launcher and when Cloud Flare is down then the launcher is as well. I'm not sure if this is 100% correct but I myself experience this issue constantly and it is a real hassle. Just my two cents~~

That's pretty much correct. Unfortunately, given the increasing popularity of our server and some people's tendency to destroy the fun for others, this type of protection is necessary. I'm glad you figured it out though and I hope it won't repeat itself.

• 1 month later...

Fitz is talking for me since I cannot access forums or get the launcher to work. I'm coming up on 48 hours and CloudFlare is online and not blocking me from anything. It's saying core isn't allowing me to connect. I have to be on through my phone's connection to get on forums, but once I connect to my wifi, I'm blocked. I haven't played in over a week so idk why I'd possibly be ip banned also. Not saying I am, just seems that's what its doing to me for whatever reason.