V2P

iColapse

12 members have voted

1. 1. V2P?

• Yes
    • No

Hey peeps

I think the Population of the Server needs to grow.

We all know, the server is fun but the population is annoying.

There should be something like "Vote 2 Play" to hit a higher rank in ToG

Everyone will have to vote and the server will hit a higher rank. 

So even more people will be on the Server.

Well, I just want to ask you guys and the staff if yall want to have a V2P for the Launcher.

Vote for it.

Kthanks bye.

And Farbod I hope you're doing it then if peoples want it.

V2P Alone won't attract that many players (imo)My suggestions for increasing player base drastically are as follows1)Make Leveling 1-90 Extremely easy, even for a solo player. My definition of easy is it should take maybe 5 hours tops even for a cleric soloing to hit 90. After 90-105 it should get harder but at that point people are so close to being 100 and getting to experience 10x content that they don't really mind the grind anymore.If you think about how many servers most people have played at this point, nobody wants to do the tedious levels no matter how good a server may be. This is quite easily one of the key factors in determining whether or not someone stays on a server after their first day.2)Incorporate the events I suggested in the other thread to give more players that are geared something to do.Example - Every weekend there is a 20% drop/xp boost/enhance boost. More people will be inclined to play on weekends if there are a lot of others playing with them, the more players playing = the more players voting which just starts a chain reaction of more players coming in.As for events on weekends one event that ALWAYS brings people and is fun is this one event where Chests with Invincible hammers are spawned in FBZ1, so even low levels can participate. There are monsters that are roaming in the FBZ that can be killed for more XP than any normal mob, but the challenge is all other players will be killing eachother trying to get the mob, and capped players will just be killing for fun. People will form groups to try and take it down for XP, or just to team up and kill everyone else. At the end of the event chests are spawned all throughout FBZ that contain stacks of potions/xirs/scrolls with a rare chance of getting a few charms or xp boosts out of them.

On top of that event there are loads more like Zombie Tag, Defend the City, Scavenger Hunts, and more that people really like because it's rare to see an event that isn't just the typical Trivia or Boss spawn.3)Add vote to play back, it definitely helps advertise the server.4)Create a banner for the server on Top of Games, not many servers have one and they are definitely eye-catching and the person will at least take the time to check out the server's forums after seeing a well designed banner.

Just an example of one of the banner's I see a lot when I vote. 

5)Increase the reward of the video contest from 1,000 Coins to spend to 10,000. Now I don't really want to sound ungrateful here (sorry if I do, don't know how else to put this) but this is the truth. 1,000 Coins won't get anyone far in the Item mall but 10,000 is a start. If the reward is increased, more people are inclined to make a video for the server and really compete to get the grand prize. Video making is a pretty long process if you're actually putting time & effort into it.

Now the logic behind making more people inclined to do this event is it just floods YouTube with videos of Core. People can look through every entry and get a clear idea of whether or not they're interested in playing Core, and just a random person searching for Fiesta Videos can stumble across Core if there are enough videos out there of it.

I might add more later, agree or disagree with above ^^ but it's all just my opinion on what would increase the player base.

This is without a doubt the most professional and best developed server out there, but not many people know about it.

Edited by Luna

As for events on weekends one event that ALWAYS brings people and is fun is this one event where Chests with Invincible hammers are spawned in FBZ1, so even low levels can participate. There are monsters that are roaming in the FBZ that can be killed for more XP than any normal mob, but the challenge is all other players will be killing eachother trying to get the mob, and capped players will just be killing for fun. People will form groups to try and take it down for XP, or just to team up and kill everyone else. At the end of the event chests are spawned all throughout FBZ that contain stacks of potions/xirs/scrolls with a rare chance of getting a few charms or xp boosts out of them.

From the perspective of a player who chooses not to participate in PVP, I would say this event would not be fun to me. Although I do appreciate and recognize that a large number of people on Core enjoy PVP, and I will create PVP-related events, I don't want to exclude players that prefer a different gaming style. To create balance, I need to carefully plan events. Events take time to plan and also require a reasonable number of participants. Since we don't have many players online, it's difficult to create events that don't favour certain players over others. That's the reason why events are not as frequent as you would expect them to be.

4)Create a banner for the server on Top of Games, not many servers have one and they are definitely eye-catching and the person will at least take the time to check out the server's forums after seeing a well designed banner.

Just an example of one of the banner's I see a lot when I vote.

We do have a banner, but TopOfGames has an issue with their website that is preventing banners from displaying with the listing.

5) Increase the reward of the video contest from 1,000 Coins to spend to 10,000. Now I don't really want to sound ungrateful here (sorry if I do, don't know how else to put this) but this is the truth. 1,000 Coins won't get anyone far in the Item mall but 10,000 is a start. If the reward is increased, more people are inclined to make a video for the server and really compete to get the grand prize. Video making is a pretty long process if you're actually putting time & effort into it.

I will be hosting different types of events in the future. You're bound to find one whose objective and prize will appeal to you.

Edited by Luna

I will be hosting different types of events in the future. You're bound to find one whose objective and prize will appeal to you.

I don't mind the reward, as I probably won't use Item mall at lvl 50. But what I was trying to say is that a higher reward = more people entering = more videos = increased advertising through YouTube. Pretty much what I said here, not sure if it made sense to you though.  ^_^

Now the logic behind making more people inclined to do this event is it just floods YouTube with videos of Core. People can look through every entry and get a clear idea of whether or not they're interested in playing Core, and just a random person searching for Fiesta Videos can stumble across Core if there are enough videos out there of it.

I don't mind the reward, as I probably won't use Item mall at lvl 50. But what I was trying to say is that a higher reward = more people entering = more videos = increased advertising through YouTube. Pretty much what I said here, not sure if it made sense to you though.  ^_^

Yes I understood :). The reason I made this event is because I realised the power of using YouTube videos as an advertising tool. I hope that the "winner takes all" format of the event will encourage competition and an increased number of entries.

I'm not sure if a larger Coin reward would necessarily increase the number of entries. As you said yourself, you don't value the Item Mall very highly at level 50. I imagine a Coin reward would not be very attractive to a new player who is unfamiliar with the currency's value.

Edited by Luna

I feel some people might not try to make a video if they have doubts. So you should make a 1st 2nd and 3rd place then for the video contest. This way even if someone has doubts of not coming in first, they'll still have hopes for 2nd or 3rd.

Merged:

I also noticed that in other pservers, the players have a reason to multi log using sandboxie and go AFK. This makes it look like the population is better and inclines new players to stay.

Edited by Luna

I feel some people might not try to make a video if they have doubts. So you should make a 1st 2nd and 3rd place then for the video contest. This way even if someone has doubts of not coming in first, they'll still have hopes for 2nd or 3rd.

Merged:

I also noticed that in other pservers, the players have a reason to multi log using sandboxie and go AFK. This makes it look like the population is better and inclines new players to stay.

What is the context of the merged section? @.@I mean...what was the thing you were proposing to make multi-logging worthwhile. 

What is the context of the merged section? @.@I mean...what was the thing you were proposing to make multi-logging worthwhile.

I didn't omit anything from either of the two merged posts. I guess his point is that being logged into more than one character gives the illusion of a larger player base which in turn will make new people stay. (Not a bad idea until they realize that it's basically Roumen in the Lv. 60 job promo. All a bunch of dead zombies.) Edited by Luna

I didn't omit anything from either of the two merged posts. I guess his point is that being logged into more than one character gives the illusion of a larger player base which in turn will make new people stay. (Not a bad idea until they realize that it's basically Roumen in the Lv. 60 job promo. All a bunch of dead zombies.)

Ah, I see, thought I was missing something. xD

Thank you for the clarification.

A sort of vote to play system will be added in the new launcher, when I have time to make it. Please keep your feedback seperate so I can sort it out accordingly so I know what I have added and what I have not. Thanks.