Shield Skins

Shiver

Shield skins are something that I've always wanted to see implemented in Fiesta. I know not every weapon skin set comes with a shield, but I think it would be interesting to add those that do.

Here are the sets that to my knowledge have skins:(and links)

Blossom | Teva | Lantern | Wintertide | Trumpy Hearts

Cold Hearted | Fortune | Cabal | Stargazer | Wicked Jack

I'm not sure if they are difficult to add, impossible to add, or there are balancing issues with what stats to put on them, but I thought I'd mention them as I haven't seen anyone else do so. To be honest I'd even take them as vanity items (statless) if balancing was a problem, but maybe that's just me.

• 1 month later...

I am not sure whether or not this topic has been presented to the staff, but I will post a topic regardless.

I would like for shield skins to be included in the server.  I think it would make for a more customized server.

_____   ^   This was posted elsewhere and someone moved it here 

Edited by Castiel

I am not sure whether or not this topic has been presented to the staff, but I will post a topic regardless.

I would like for shield skins to be included in the server.  I think it would make for a more customized server.

Yes, we've seen this being requested multiple times. I'll see what we can do!

Shield skins will be implemented in game, but they'll be custom raiding/farming ones. Not in npc.

Is this true or will it be available through npc?

Just to throw an idea out there: maybe to spice things up, put statless shield skins in npc, then eventually when more content comes out, have shield skins drop with stats. Might be something that'd be decent to do. 

The eight shield skins we're looking to add in will be without stats, serving simply as cosmetic items.

The eight shield skins we're looking to add in will be without stats, serving simply as cosmetic items.

Cool. But I mean, maybe to add more excitement to game to have shield skins as a raidable item with stats, however that might make chars op.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU D:

tis wont be available through npcs. itll be farmable. if it was from npc, it would be dumb to do o:.

Why would it be dumb to do that?

Statless shield skins will be the best way to implement them. It won't change anything but give fighters and clerics the option to cover their shield with a matching skin.

I agree with this, because if we gave the shields stats it wouldn't be fair for the other classes.  Unless we brought in other stat items that were for the other classes (not fighter and cleric)

Why would it be dumb to do that?  I agree with this, because if we gave the shields stats it wouldn't be fair for the other classes.  Unless we brought in other stat items that were for the other classes (not fighter and cleric)

to have something to farm for. How is it unfair for a shield skin to have defense on it? Thats the purpose of a shield. If I wanted a fancy shield to look at id just switch mod my files.

I was thinking of the stats being like 5% crit or something like that.  A shield defense stat would be worth considering though.

Edited by Castiel

So... No shield skin with oppa's face? :( Alright.

(; you know you wanna make a skin of my face.

`-` I think... shield skin should be rare and make them .05% drop rate. 

Just like that crown that no one has even gotten yet... cause ;-; its to rare.

Edited by OppaKindly

So... No shield skin with oppa's face? :( Alright.

(; you know you wanna make a skin of my face.

`-` I think... shield skin should be rare and make them .05% drop rate. 

Just like that crown that no one has even gotten yet... cause ;-; its to rare.

i was thinking more on the lines of 50%.

to have something to farm for. How is it unfair for a shield skin to have defense on it? Thats the purpose of a shield. If I wanted a fancy shield to look at id just switch mod my files.

It's a shield skin. Its purpose is to look pretty. Edited by Luna