New patch & Shard skins

DoughyCookie

Overall this was a really awesome patch and worth the wait, just wanted to thank you for the hard work. After playing around with the new content everything seems fair and I have just 1 suggestion. 

The shard skins is an awesome idea, and I'm glad that shields were included in this since tanks hardly benefit from dmg based skins, but the 5% Shield Def (Aka 5% block rate) that comes on these skins is fairly underwhelming compared to the wep skins. I'd suggest that instead of block rate, or in addition to it, the shields are given something like 5% def/m. def or an hp bonus like +500 hp, or combination of both with smaller numbers. Block rate would only be utilized on fighters really, since they are the ones taking auto attacks, while clerics rarely have the agro of mobs so block rate does almost nothing to better their defenses, so adding on these other stats will benefit users whether they have agro of the mobs or not.

Would love to hear other opinions about this, whether they are for or against it.

I only gave the shield skins stats so people use them. Knights and Clerics already have a weapon skin, if I also give them a shield skin it with higher stats then it won't be fair on those classes with only one weapon.

I believe 3% Def/Mdef should be applied to the Shield Skin. If we had a Geo Shield Skin then maybe it could look like

Geo: 2% Def/Mdef/Block Rate

Shard: 5% Def/Mdef/Block Rate

--

Also posting on the new patch:

Eglack and Salere drop rate is bleh, so keeping the drop rate, why not make their spawn time 10 min or so?

A lot people said they would prefer an instance version (Burning Adealia?) instead of that.

Edited by Zephry

Yeah I agree with zeph. Should have stats on shields... Just not nearly as high as wep skin stats. 

Reasoning : Classes who use shields (Clerics/Knights) Very rarely utilize their wep skins, since they are almost never focusing on dealing damage (especially clerics). Honestly for my cleric, both the skins are just for looks. Block rate/dmg/aim/crit from the wep/shield skins do nothing to help my ability in healing or surviving aoes. Knights on the other hand on some level utilize their weapon skins, but not nearly as much as every other class does, since Knights are focused on surviving not killing, same concept with clerics. The stats on wep skins don't really help with this. So although I understand your argument that these classes would have some type of advantage by being able to use 2 skins at the same time, neither of these skins are really helping with what these classes are meant for. Giving a slight bonus (deffinately not 15% like the dmg on wep skins) to def, like zeph said about 5%, would be very useful for the 3 classes that would utilize these skins.

Also agree with Zephs statement on the 2 bosses for 110 gear o.e

Is it possible if the hammer, mace and 1 hand sword had their stats reduced by 50% and the shield gave the same stats, but instead of damage you make it def/mdef? I heard this on Gamigo a while ago. That way those classes don't get extra stats and both weapon skins have stats. I find it more "balanced" o: