Transportation & Map Related Suggestions

Shiver

Well I'm really bored and it's like 6am, no one is on,  so...

By transportation I mean things like teleport gates, teleport scrolls, and respawn points and by maps I mean what comes up when you press "M" not actual locations. If anyone has other suggestions, sees an error on my part, or has objections please don't hold back.

Transportation

Adaelia Teleport Scrolls

These will probably be added to the drop table once the mobs have been fixed for the area, but I see no reason why they are not already in the item merchant in Roumen along with the rest of the scrolls.

Adaelia Teleport Gate

Pretty self explanatory, every other major town can be accessed through the blue hovering gate, might as well toss the new one on.

Adaelia Abyss Gate
There is currently a gate in Adaelia that hooks up to forest perimeter. However the gate only works one way. You enter forest perimeter in Adaelia and you'll come out in Alberstol Ruins when you leave. If I had to take as guess as to why, it's because this forest perimeter is the one featuring 10x abyss which originally was only accessible in AR and the forest perimeter that should be hooked up (the one with 11x abyss) is not yet in game. So this might just require waiting until 11x comes out.

Adaelia Lucky House Guide
I would just take this out. I've heard many accounts of people getting stuck once they enter Lucky House and at the moment there's really no need for it to be there since that map is empty.

Kahal Plains Respawn Point
Currently you respawn at D2 on the map which, while rather amusing the first couple of times, gets old quick. Respawning in the middle of depraved mobs and really far from the exit gate is not pleasant. This should be moved to an area where mobs aren't going to assault you immediately after your idle is off.

Thorn Cave Gate
Probably should be moved to it's correct location in Kahal Plains (I3) where there a literal thorn cave in the scenery. Also means the Bat Hunter NPC would need to be moved along with it.

Helga's Tomb Gate

Is there a lore reason for this being located in Ancient Elven Woods? Cause I think it would make more sense for this to be where the Karen Gate currently is in Alberstol Ruins since this is a level 90+ raid.

Burning Rock Teleport Gate

I might've already mentioned this as some point, but I think it's still a valid idea. This is one of the most obnoxious maps to reach. I assume it was done intentionally on retail to force you to buy an excess of rations, but here there's really no need for that. Just toss one into the little outpost.

Dungeon of Dread Gate
Not sure why exiting the Dungeon of Dread teleports you to the respawn point in Roumen, but it does. I would recommend making it place you outside the gate you just entered. Also for some reason exiting this gate disconnects people occasionally.

Maps

Quest Tracker

Currently in general the quest tracker on the side of the map doesn't work. It highlights the default location for mobs as opposed to the actual location. This is especially noticeable in Dark Land where a lot of mobs have been moved. Simplest fix would be to just disable the highlighting feature.

Roumen

Shows up twice in the list of maps, featuring maps of both the current Roumen and "old" Roumen. Since "old" Roumen isn't accessible I'd just take it off.

Stone Field
I'm not even sure what this is? Much less where it would be located or why it's on the list.

Helga's Tomb
Not listed.

Adaelia (lower and upper)
Not listed.

Kahal Plains
Not listed.

Thorn Cave
Not listed.

Edited by Shiver

In official adealia has no scrolls or gates so I won't add them here. Burning rock and helga gates won't be changed either. I'm not sure about the maps part. I think that's client side but I don't think I can edit them.

There is adealia scrolls on official..     

And there is no gate  to ar or uruga either in official you know.

This. They weren't released with the expansion itself, but Adaelia scrolls were eventually added as mob drops.

The gate on official only hooks up to Roumen, Elderine, Sand Hill, and Forest of Mist. Everywhere else you had to walk or scroll to.

And I figured the maps would be hard to do, but still felt like mentioning it just in case. xD

Edited by Shiver

• 5 months later...