My thoughts.

Deziinz

Now I read through a lot of topics, patches, etc on this server.. I notice balance is mentioned a lot.. but you're lacking a lot of balance? Of course this is just a personal opinion and I shall have many more to come I'm certain. Anywayssss my suggestion would be to remove 20% charms from the mystery vault and replace them with 50%'s? Why should you do this when 50%'s are obviously your biggest money maker? Simply because it gives BALANCE. When 50's are available in game for all to obtain, even if it may not be directly from npc's, it gives balance to those players who do not donate whilst players who do donate will get a small but still significant boost in strength from 20% charms (how it should be in my opinion). This would also boost sales in 20% charms, so server profit shouldn't be affected in the least bit. 

Also I have yet to test out the Mystery capsule/Item capsule but I find that it would be a good idea to make the item stacks randomized.. for instance I spend 1g and get 1 Charm, spend another 1g and get 3 charms? Not sure if this is already implemented or not, I'll have to look into it.

Enhancement bundles, a necessity to most if not all players as everyone prefers to have +'d gear. I notice they're already implemented in the Mystery capsule/Item capsule.. but may I suggest making them a drop from Raid bosses and possibly Instance bosses? Helga, Male, Lab, Ln, etc. This would encourage players to continue farming lesser instance's such as LN, even when they are fully geared, this way the Instance isn't rendered completely useless after cap raises. It would also calm f2p players I'm sure as it is basically a gamble to obtain them from the Mystery capsule/Item capsule and although players will be selling them, they will more then likely be one of the pricier Item mall bundles.

Class Money making - Now Obviously the best class to make money with would be either mage or archer, as they can mob easiest and solo most mobs. Which slightly puts the economy off as players of said classes will be able to obtain money a lot faster and easier then players of other classes thus causing said classes to be able to gear up easier and faster... but it would also cause inflation in their gears as they will be more desired for farming, pvp, etc (All gears will be desired for all classes obviously but mages and archers more then others as they will obtain money and gears a lot faster meaning garbage gears will sell for significantly lower prices while gears considered 'Godly' will sell for ridiculously higher prices). They are several ways to balance money making of every class to stop inflation and significantly balance the economy (I'll leave that for you to think of, I can't release all my ideas).  ^_^

P.S I notice that Academy rewards aren't working.. It's a simple SQL Query.. >.>' If you're experiencing a Error just reset.... :?

A lot to read, enjoy.  :)

Edited by Deziinz

Now I read through a lot of topics, patches, etc on this server.. I notice balance is mentioned a lot.. but you're lacking a lot of balance? Of course this is just a personal opinion and I shall have many more to come I'm certain. Anywayssss my suggestion would be to remove 20% charms from the mystery vault and replace them with 50%'s? Why should you do this when 50%'s are obviously your biggest money maker? Simply because it gives BALANCE. When 50's are available in game for all to obtain, even if it may not be directly from npc's, it gives balance to those players who do not donate whilst players who do donate will get a small but still significant boost in strength from 20% charms (how it should be in my opinion). This would also boost sales in 20% charms, so server profit shouldn't be affected in the least bit. 

Also I have yet to test out the Mystery capsule/Item capsule but I find that it would be a good idea to make the item stacks randomized.. for instance I spend 1g and get 1 Charm, spend another 1g and get 3 charms? Not sure if this is already implemented or not, I'll have to look into it.

Enhancement bundles, a necessity to most if not all players as everyone prefers to have +'d gear. I notice they're already implemented in the Mystery capsule/Item capsule.. but may I suggest making them a drop from Raid bosses and possibly Instance bosses? Helga, Male, Lab, Ln, etc. This would encourage players to continue farming lesser instance's such as LN, even when they are fully geared, this way the Instance isn't rendered completely useless after cap raises. It would also calm f2p players I'm sure as it is basically a gamble to obtain them from the Mystery capsule/Item capsule and although players will be selling them, they will more then likely be one of the pricier Item mall bundles.

Class Money making - Now Obviously the best class to make money with would be either mage or archer, as they can mob easiest and solo most mobs. Which slightly puts the economy off as players of said classes will be able to obtain money a lot faster and easier then players of other classes thus causing said classes to be able to gear up easier and faster... but it would also cause inflation in their gears as they will be more desired for farming, pvp, etc (All gears will be desired for all classes obviously but mages and archers more then others as they will obtain money and gears a lot faster meaning garbage gears will sell for significantly lower prices while gears considered 'Godly' will sell for ridiculously higher prices). They are several ways to balance money making of every class to stop inflation and significantly balance the economy (I'll leave that for you to think of, I can't release all my ideas).  ^_^

P.S I notice that Academy rewards aren't working.. It's a simple SQL Query.. >.>' If you're experiencing a Error just reset.... :?

A lot to read, enjoy.  :)

1. Agree 100% with the 50% charms in Vaults.

2. Bundles are tough I know, but making it being farmable in LN (as an example) would be bad. It takes 5 People to do ln at max and you'll drop a stack of T5 bundle from the boss? Or 10 Blues from boogy, 10 Golds from Crab and 10 Reds from Levi itself? Considering it only benifits one person and doing ln takes 5 mins so you won't have to donate for bundles anymore = server looses money.

3. Although it is true that making money has essentially gotten difficult, specially for most single target classes. So why not make mini bosses drop something that's worth a whole mob. Ex: Farm Caimen Master? In TM get 300s per every kill or every other kill. 

Edited by Advent

@Advent I wasn't necessarily referring to a whole stack of eyes. I was instead referring to 1. 1 Run Boss kills from instances would pertain to 1 drop with a 50% chance to drop whilst raids would drop 1-3 of any bundle (not 3 of each but 3 in total; ex: 1 blue 2 golds from mal) with a 100% chance. Factor in fail %'s ontop of drop chance and include raid timer and time it would take to run an instance, it should balance out decently well.

1. Agree 100% with the 50% charms in Vaults.

2. Bundles are tough I know, but making it being farmable in LN (as an example) would be bad. It takes 5 People to do ln at max and you'll drop a stack of T5 bundle from the boss? Or 10 Blues from boogy, 10 Golds from Crab and 10 Reds from Levi itself? Considering it only benifits one person and doing ln takes 5 mins so you won't have to donate for bundles anymore = server looses money.

3. Although it is true that making money has essentially gotten difficult, specially for most single target classes. So why not make mini bosses drop something that's worth a whole mob. Ex: Farm Caimen Master? In TM get 300s per every kill or every other kill. 

Well the way you put the LN situation would obviously never happen. I think a good way would be--> Like if they made them drop from Ln mobs, it would make people kill the mobs in ln and not just fly through ln runs. Yes it would make the server lose some money, but the server would still make enough money to stay running just wont be as much as a profits for staff members. Also if server is indeed of money i'm sure members would always donate just to keep it running.

They took coin system out i did disagree with that, and now they expect us to make money from gears dropped, which gears don't give regular price. The 108 weapons should be NPC'd for at least 250s at the most. But i do believe the coin system was a really well idea for money. Sooner or later the people would start gaining Gem, idk if staff don't want that to happen but hey that happens in every server. 

P.S the server was in CBT all these changing should've been solved during that time. "Money wise"

Edited by xburna

Lol. Coin system was alright. But this way is fine. I mean yea you'll actually have to spend time picking up weapons and gears. Big woop. Also the prices for 108 are 80s. I'm not sure if you played selesnia or not. But right now the server is headed that direction. Even though people dislike selesnia economy at the start people eventually got over it. So all I'd say is make it so fighters can get money at a higher level. Other wise money is actually worth something. The good thing is if money if tough to get people will sell CS items to get that money. Which boosts the economy very much so.

Edit: I'm sorry but putting CS items in raid bosses drop list sounds extremely stupid.

Edited by Advent

I have no problem with the current money making method, I was simply pointing out how it's bias to certain classes.

Also adding enhancement eyes to raid bosses/instance bosses drop table offers a method for f2p players to obtain them without having to donate or gamble. Also if Iimplemented correctly it should balance f2p v p2p without affecting the economy and funding significantly. As stated before, while more people will flood the server and of course pump item mall items into the economy, enhancement bundles will more then likely be one of the pricier items.

Of course everyone will have a different opinion.

F2P Players can

Deziinz, on 06 Jan 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:I have no problem with the current money making method, I was simply pointing out how it's bias to certain classes.Also adding enhancement eyes to raid bosses/instance bosses drop table offers a method for f2p players to obtain them without having to donate or gamble. Also if Iimplemented correctly it should balance f2p v p2p without affecting the economy and funding significantly. As stated before, while more people will flood the server and of course pump item mall items into the economy, enhancement bundles will more then likely be one of the pricier items.Of course everyone will have a different opinion.

You can say it's biased because mages/archers can solo AoE but that's just one of the benefits of choosing that class. Sort of how a fighter would be the best choice to farm bosses, clerics would be the most desired class for leveling, etc. When you look at it like that then sure every class is biased in a way.Adding eyes to Instances/Raid Bosses does nothing but hurt the server. Bundles are the server's biggest cash shop item and is most likely one of their main sources of income. F2P Players can easily buy bundles off of P2P Players now that gold is a lot more valuable. So I don't really see why bundles would be added to instances. The rates are also extremely high taking only 1-2 bundles to +9/10 something at T5. So gonna have to disagree with this. Edited by Ghost

I facepalmed when I read the "add enhancement bundles to raid/instances bosses!". 

Really? That's not how it works. Lucky Capsules already provide you with 3 of whatever Eye/Mile you get. It's fair. And you should be grateful that players who can't donate for coins are able to receive CS items from the capsules.

Also comparing the game to retail version, people made money from selling item sets and weapons. Coins Drops always made things easier but now that it has been significantly reduced it's not something to cry about.

For instance: I can get 8 gold from 4 bags full of 108 weapons. Comparing to 15s coins, which a full bag of complete stacks should give you 22.5 gold I can make more money since it takes longer to complete the stacks. 108 weapons drop frequently  from Black Bears, 100 Abyss monsters, and Origin of Life Tree monsters. 

Also there isn't an economy. You see people selling CS items for tons of gold because they expect the higher players to buy them. Now that a new gold sink was created, they'll have to force themselves to sell little.

You can easily find a player(like myself) selling CS items for no more than 10-15g. The only problem is how new players support themselves. I remember reading that someone was so busy leveling, not only they ran out of money to buy new skills, but how would you be able to expect them to afford it?

@xBurna 108's sold for 250s is WAY TOO MUCH. Compared to 114's, which axes can be npc'ed for 256s, that's a big difference. I agreed though that they should increase the npc pricing for them.

@ Ghost That is a great point, I cannot argue with that too much because that is a good point. It would still help to slightly balance the money making for classes regardless though, obviously it will never be 100% perfect I would never expect nor should anyone expect that. The only reason I really want to see some sort of balance for this implemented is to prevent or at least help fund.. the inflation/deflation of Mage/Archer gears.

@ Ghost/Zephry I facepalmed when I read 'Really? That's not how it works.' Err... That's exactly how it works? Most common high end mmo's/rpg's today have some sort of system implemented like this, get out of the fiesta private server scene a bit and go explore. This is already a working and tested method, not just by myself, but by several servers before me. I was simply offering a constructive way to balance f2p with w2p. This method cause's balance, tends to flood your server with x amount of people, and will hardly IF at all.. even touch the funding of the server. Yes it will have a significant effect on the economy but yet again... add in Fail/success rate, Drop rate, Cool time on raids, andddd time it would take to run and instance.. it will balance out just fine.

As I also stated before, I suppose everyone will have a different opinion on the method, so let the debates continue!

@ FitzChevalerie - As I stated above I have no problem with the current money making system, whilst I do point out some bias ways that I believe should be balanced, that's not necessarily what this topic is concerning.

The reason it's 10-15g a bundle is because they already messed up there own economy by removing a money making method that was previously available to certain players that played before x date. Of course this will balance itself out as it is a small change, most people aren't thinking of how other people's money making method are as of now, they're thinking about how much money they have and are able to make due to that slight boost the had before x date.

Okay here's the problem. Let's say I'm in 10x abyss I find a nice spot, I solo the spot. Some group comes along and they ask for a pt? Well I'll obviously say no because either A. I'm a dick or B. I want more money for myself. Well now said group needs to go find another spot to farm for money of course there are several spots.. but there is a limited amount of said spots.. so top guilds more then likely will dominate these spots for their money making needs. Once all spots are taken other players need to find some where to farm for there money as well? There are no more available farming places though? Of course they can go make Scrolls or pots... but what if they simply don't want to? Of course they could go do LN or Lab but what if they can't handle it? Now we have one of two problems, A. x amount of players aren't making money and falling behind the economy simply because they can't find a spot to farm or B. x amount of players have begun to 'Kill steal' simply because they can't find a spot to farm for themselves.

Of course this isn't currently a problem as the community is still growing, but once the community gets bigger this will become a problem. There are several ways to fix/balance this.. but I'll just let you guys think on it. :?