Fame shop

Deziinz

A fame shop? Yes, a fame shop. Not exactly how you're thinking though. This is a method I implemented and tested myself awhile back so it is possible and I find it to be quite enjoyable too as it adds more to do.

Basically how this method works is you greatly DECREASE the amount of fame you get from leveling. Most people when capped get anywhere from 8k-14k fame. You want to reduce that so they get 1-3k most when capped. Secondly you make it so that you gain fame from Raids, Instances, and Kingdom quest (Kingdom quest and Raids giving the most; 100 ~ 550 per kq, 350 ~ 1k per raid, 25 ~ 350 per instance,  and yes you can randomize the amount received). Next the fame shop itself, you would have random rewards for very high prices for instance T1 rama pots for 10k, T2 20k, T3 30k, Platinum crowns for 50k, etc (Of course all prizes could be changed to your liking this is just an example). Now this gives people a reason to farm instances a lot more and also do KQ which tend to be very under populated or completely useless on most servers. It also makes some use for fame which is also very useless on most if not all servers.

P.S The fame amounts you gain were just random amounts I used, you can always set your own. 

What do you guys think?

I don't agree with everything you have said here ;o but utilizing fame in some way does sound like one hell of a good idea :P but having raids/instances give fame ;c? Meh ;3 kq idea does sound nice which makes kq overall less useless 8D.

+1

It can be implemented in every KQ as either a quest which would give a set amount of fame, 200, 500, 1000, etc. Or with a different method that can offer differentiated amounts upon completion, not loss, such as 150 ~ 500, 500 ~ 1000, etc. 

If implemented wrongly then yes, it could one side the economy for the fame shop. That's why you have two ways to implement it. A. All fame shop items are non trade-able meaning they can't be sold and would then have little to no impact on the economy or B. balanced amount of fame received + balanced fame shop prices = a balanced outcome for the economy from the fame shop.

You're just thinking in the concept of.. 'Hey, I don't like that idea we shouldn't do it.'. No, give me some examples? Why is this idea bad? Why is it good? Should we change anything about it? You don't just come on a thread and say I don't like this let's not do it? It's in the feedback section it's more then likely going to turn a debate thread. So debate.

Edited by Deziinz