Hello. 

As you all know, Karen can now be killed.

Karen has been killed by a glorious team composed of the most beautiful savages in this planet: Deviant.
aCBSTxU.jpg

The reaction to this battle was so unexpected, that one comment stood out the most and went viral across the universe:
6rUDA1D.jpg

But, were they really fighting for scraps?

WHY! WHY OH WHY MUST THEY OBTAIN SUCH GARBAGE?! 

The unsatisfactory reward is something that will haunt them and others who kill Karen for the rest of their lives!

Do you really think those who spent hours organizing strategies to overcome the malicious foes within Thorn Cave and behead their queen deserve something like this?!
HfcSX5E.png

SO PLEASE, OH MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE! GRANT US OUR WISH AND GIVE A BOOST TO SUCCUBUS QUEEN KAREN DROP RATE!

tl;dr Pls raise Karen's drop rate. Make her drop rate 100% like any World Boss should be. Thank you. Have a nice day.

+2 to this.

It's not like any other raid where you just stand there and have one person take damage while others assist in killing. This raid requires a lot of know-how and communication.

I've spent the last two weeks getting people pumped for what we thought couldn't be done due to previous findings. But we found a way to overcome that as a group and the reward for it is extremely lackluster. Please consider making the change to the drop rate, for the sake of the active community, for the sake of the FUTURE.

tinks.

Edited by Skunk

Only on one condition will I make the drop rate 100% and that would be to make her even more OP which would be unfair on other guilds, though I may increase her drop, she's mean what do you expect from her?

If you're thinking about other guilds, they should show theirselfs a bit more than only Deviant. 

But nonetheless, on topic. Why not make a guild instance for Karen which drop the same weapons, only lower base stats if you're concerned with "unfairness" to other guilds. Still the question remains why the low droprate? Don't you think it's unfair for us to raid at Karen with a lot of people and it drops a green weapon?

Eitherway, so far this droprate is far too low and not appealing enough to even consider raiding Karen. I don't think this will attract a lot of players to try for Karen if the droprate is so low. Kinda discouraging x_x

Only on one condition will I make the drop rate 100% and that would be to make her even more OP which would be unfair on other guilds, though I may increase her drop, she's mean what do you expect from her?

Don't need to make it 100%, a boost would be nice though.

I believe it was said that her drop rate is currently 20% or 25% (can't remember, may be completely wrong). Personally I think her rate should be minimum 40% (60% with a rant). 

If you're thinking about other guilds, they should show theirselfs a bit more than only Deviant. 

But nonetheless, on topic. Why not make a guild instance for Karen which drop the same weapons, only lower base stats if you're concerned with "unfairness" to other guilds. Still the question remains why the low droprate? Don't you think it's unfair for us to raid at Karen with a lot of people and it drops a green weapon?

Eitherway, so far this droprate is far too low and not appealing enough to even consider raiding Karen. I don't think this will attract a lot of players to try for Karen if the droprate is so low. Kinda discouraging x_x

There's not really another 'established' guild at this time other than Deviant, so it's not a surprise we have an overwhelming presence in both the forums & in-game. This doesn't mean that changes made to the game should be geared towards us though, as this would not allow other guilds to establish themselves as easily. 

Completely disagree with a guild instance for Karen. The best gear should come from raids, and they should remain raids. 

But yeah, this raid requires a lot of effort and a good amount of people that are working together. It's by far harder than any other raid currently available, and deserves to be a little more rewarding then it currently is. Maybe 100% is asking for too much. But the current rate is surely too little. 

Ok so you guys killed the boss once? Twice? and expect a good drop? You are saying like it was the best drop possible chancebased. It might have been the worst drop possible? Kill the boss some times more to justify a change.

Ok so you guys killed the boss once? Twice? and expect a good drop? You are saying like it was the best drop possible chancebased. It might have been the worst drop possible? Kill the boss some times more to justify a change.

Meaning, kill Karen every single day for a whole week straight to show you it might drop once or twice out of 10 kills. That's not something everyone has time for, to attend the raid + succeed killing her.

Take your initiative perhaps and kill Karen 10 times and let us know how many times she dropped a weapon based on those 10 kills. That could probably justify our troubles and judgement.

A world boss like Karen should have a high rate of dropping her weapon/armor set.

Not a green drop that: 

1. We can't use since it's 118
2. Can obtain from other mobs in Thorn Cave
3. Is not worth the time for anyone to bother keeping.

The changes to Hardcore Malephar were fair, since it was way easier than normal Malephar.

But Karen? 

The mobs, sub bosses, and boss herself evasion are still a tad too high.
Requires an actual strategy. 
Requires a large group of people compared to other raids right now.
Killed twice and both times a green weapon was dropped.

Even on retail her drop rate had to be boosted by 300%

Taken from "The FIONA Weekly: April 23 2013" Link to thread
KpWHUJs.png 

lol.

Hold up there tough guy.

Every other world boss on this server is a 100% drop rate of what they're there to raid for.

Difference between Karen and the rest of them? They can all be man-handled by one full party or less.

Why should we take the time to bust our chops to put her down on a slim chance of the correct reward when everything else is manageable with whoever's online at that given moment with a guaranteed reward? I mean seriously.. consider your words and your playing history (if you even have any) before making such a vague and automated recommendation.

And why bother advertising she's here and pressure the community into including her in the daily gameplay if this is the kind of response we get out of it? 'Tough luck kid, try again.'  

Me personally, I'm not asking for 100% but it would make sense. Farbod's convinced it's too easy and he's right to an extent. The issue is that SHE appears easy, the work you have to do leading up to her by killing the mini-bosses isn't. My bad if we coordinate a working strategy and make her appear easy. Fact of the matter is it that it takes us days of preparation and at least an hour out of everyone's day and playing time just to do this raid. I'm sure we could keep trying because that's what we do, but do you really think everyone would be down to continue? Maybe for a while but definitely not forever.

So my suggestion to you for the next matter, come at this with open arms and not a closed fist.

tl;dr - Enough drama, find a worthy solution and we'll try her again.