110 Bosses & 110 Sets

DoughyCookie

After about a week or so since 110 sets and the jewel set have been implemented, a few of us are not exactly happy with the current way to obtain 110 gears.

861d0127a1928e0b0f9ba4d7e4158fe4.png

These bosses take a decent amount of effort to put down, similar to the shard skin boss that was implemented in the same patch, but can not be farmed as often nor do they have a drop rate that players find 'amusing'. I think the idea behind having a 30 min spawn time is that people can just continuously farm them throughout the day, but a party (a charmed/ranted party is HIGHLY preferred) is still almost necessary to complete these bosses, so there's actually a very small amount of time per day that these bosses are being farmed. So assuming a party farms them during the full duration of charms/ext/rants (2 hours), from my experience this averages about 3 total drops with 8 total kills (4 on each boss). Essentially this makes it slower to farm then any other purple set within the game, and also sometimes a drop or 2 of those 3 are jewels which (with their base stats) are not nearly as desired as 110 armors. 

Overall this is causing us to obtain very few drops a day, even fewer of these having stats worth someone wearing, leading to upset players who charm/rant/spend 2hrs of their time farming, and have nothing or close to nothing to show for it.

Suggestions: A few suggestions have been thrown around by players on how to make these bosses more worth our time, and we took into account that BA (the instance on retail these are normally obtained in) is just not an option.

1) Decrease the spawn time on the bosses so we can farm them more frequently in the limited times we are able to. This will allow us to extend the use of our charms and get more drops on a daily basis. This will also give capped people something to do other then afking/farming 114 greens.

2) Increase the drop rate on the bosses so our effort to kill them is more frequently rewarded. It really sucks when you kill both bosses without a drop from either, it feels like a waste of time really. If keeping it a 30 min spawn is really important to prevent people from spam-farming it or whatever, at least increase the drop rate so we're farming more than pots/stones/mats.

3) Make it an instance. This has been the most frequent suggestion I've heard, with most desiring it to be something like shard instance. I feel like it could also be successfully implemented as a guild instance (similar to noit) with a short spawn time (again, similar to noit). Since there's 2  bosses, there's a few different ways you could go with this. You could have both the bosses in the same instance and just have them spawn at the beginning together, so people have to work for the drops. Or, they could have their own instances and spawn some depraved mobs when they reach 2/3 and 1/3 hp.

Personally I believe the best option would be to make it similar to shard instance, either have both in the same instance or have them spawn mobs to increase the difficulty of farming them, and the drop rate should definitely be increased (I think it should be increased even if it becomes an instance or not, we just have far too little to show for how hard we've worked to get 110 drops).  

Also on the subject of 110 sets, I had an idea for their set effects but haven't discussed it with anyone so would love to hear opinions on it. As far as I know (haven't spoken to someone of every prestige but talked to a few) the set effects on 110s are just lame. The best reaction I've seen to their effects is 'Meh.' For example, the Guardian set effect empowers Awaken, a skill that is only for HK's after 100 (why would their 110 set empower a HK skill, doesn't make sense). 

But, something everyone seems to be happy with (or will be happy with once it works as intended/is implemented) are 110 skills. They're fun, they're strong, and they work with what that prestige is meant for. So I figured it would be a lot more exciting (and it would motivate people to wear 110 sets over mls/114 greens) if the 110 sets empowered the 110 skill associated with that class (Such as 2 pieces = decease sp consumption, 3 pieces = decreased cd, 4 pieces = increased dmg)

Obviously since not all 110 skills are working and the WL 110 isn't implemented yet, this is looking into the future assuming the skills are fixed (Reap skill does m.dmg, guard skill does nothing, HK skill only knocks back doesn't heal/increase dmg) and the WL skill is added.

tldr: 110 bosses are bullies, rarely drop stuff for us, suggested they either spawn faster/increase drop rate/are made into an instance (like shard or noit). Also, 110 set effects (that I know of) are poo, suggested they empower 110 skills once those are fixed. 

Edited by DoughyCookie

Would like to point out if this server is really keen on trying to be as close as possible to retail:

110 sets are farmed from 3 different areas. 

1. Eglack and Salere in Adealia Valley.

2. Eglack and Salere in Burning Adealia.

3. Magrite from Origin of Tree Life. 

About 110 jewels. These jewels originally come from Burning Adealia to work in conjunction with 110 set effects. Like Guard's 110 set effect added with Thor Jewels set effect = A very powerful and reduced cooldown Awaken.

These 110 Jewels though shouldn't be touched, besides changing their set effect description. Reason why is because even on retail, they're used just for their set effects, not their stat bonuses. Works the same away as the jewels mined from ores (Glory, Gabriel, Point, Strike).

Only suggestions I have are either increasing the drop rate, or cutting the spawn time down. Making an instance requires more work than either of those and with said addition asking for either of the other two become an obsolete matter.

As far as the 110 sets go, I'm pretty sure that the base stats should mimic 114 greens entirely. In some cases they're actually worse than both ML's and 114 greens, not entirely but only certain aspects. I know that every prestige suffers drastically from one of the three base stats whether it be def, mdef, or evasion when wearing that in place of the other two.

The set effects are actually incorrect on some sets, most reflective would be the Knight/Gladiator set. The set effects we have now on them were actually released with the content back then, but adjustments were actually made on those two particular sets that I remember. I would suggest checking back over what sets give bonuses to what skills. As a gladiator it makes no sense to have a set that offers bonus effects to Degro Slash because 1) it's a skill I don't get upgrades for because of my prestige and 2) a skill that requires me to wield a weapon I don't use past my prestige (traditionally).

Anyways, that's my two cents. Get yourself a soda m8.

Well since we're talking about them...

0QkrmMg.png

The archer prestige 110s are a bit goofy. Sharpshooters are the single target prestige and rangers the area of effect (aoe) prestige. However the set effects don't reflect this.

2 Set Effect

The 2 set effect for the Vega Multi Set (Sharpshooter) is for Power Shot. This is a sharpshooter upgraded skill, so this makes sense in that aspect.

Although personally I think that power shot is a useless skill even though it is a sharpshooter upgrade, but that's just my opinion.

Moving over to the 2 set effect for the Bloodstream Set (Ranger) we see that it's Bone Shot. Bone Shot is also a sharpshooter upgraded skill. So having it on a ranger set as an effect makes no sense.

3 & 4 Set Effect

The 3rd & 4th set effect for Vega Multi is Piercing Shot. Piercing shot is an aoe skill, and like most aoe skills, it is a Ranger upgrade. So on a Sharpshooter set this makes no sense.

The 3rd & 4th set effect for Bloodstream is Multi-Blood Shot. This is a Ranger upgrade skill, so it does make sense on this set.
However you could make an argument that this is the least used kitable aoe and thus wouldn't be as useful as say Piercing Shot or Nature's Mist.

• 3 months later...