New Map

Amor

New Map  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make this change?

I wanted to eliminate unnecessary, unused maps and make a small cozy and compact map where everyone can be together.

At the moment, there are about 4 maps that can be condensed into 1. These maps are all unnecessarily large and only contain about several different types of mobs. In addition to this, leveling from 1 to 20 is fast so you wiz by those maps in an hour and never go back to them.

If I make 1 map for level 1 to 20 and compact everything then not only will new players see each other more often and not only will they see higher level players while leveling but they can meet other players who are also leveling and party up with them. 

Removing these maps and mobs will also save resources on the server, possibly reducing lag.

Not only that but all of the players will be able to experience a new map, completely re-done with new textures and some new mobs and models. The map will be the new Forest of Tides.

I think this will be good and a benefit for everyone.

Here is a rough sketch / plan of the map.

5338362713.png

The green area where it says Roumen will contain all of the NPC's from Roumen.

I would like your feedback and opinions on this change. This will not interfere with the higher level updates, those will still go on as scheduled.

The idea rocks. I mean lvling in a same map to 1-20 it's the best way someone could implement :D.

Good job and keep up the good work!

P.S: Hope we see it soon :c.

Appreciate it if you guys could say why. :) Thanks.

As you say yourself, it's a very tight-knot way of bringing everything together. Now newer players can jump into the action with your local high levels hanging around for any question they desire to ask.

This new map is a great way of bringing the community together and if it can help you by reducing resources then the more the merrier. If more maps can be cut down like this and put together, I assume it'll be even more beneficial since there's a lot of maps in the game that are huge, but with reoccurring mobs.

The only issues with is:

-Leviathan Nest's 'Finish' portal. Most people quit the party but if you go through the portal you can be spawned outside I believe, which spawns you in the current Roumen.

-Forest of Mist NPC's (the Temporary Merchants with Stones / Weapons / Skills) should be place next to Grand Master Sean. It's very convenient for those farming Izyel's Tower and grinding nearby.

- Name: I believe this new map deserves a unique name. Like "Forest of Beginnings". Which, should be applied to the warp scroll for Roumen and quest dialogs.

I like the idea. Brings everyone together and makes leveling a bit less complicated. Instead of having to search for help or a sign of existence, it's all given to us in one convenient location. Plus, it's a new idea which is always exciting. 

Appreciate it if you guys could say why. :) Thanks.

Basically all the reasons you mentioned already. @.@

Currently a lot of maps are just a waste of space and many you just plain out don't visit. Saving space by eliminating them provides space for new content and reduces lag/server load.

One concern would be that low level herbs/mushrooms are going to be harder to get. Sea of Greed in particular is home to a large mushroom patch that will no longer be accessible should this happen. Of course that could've already been taken into account, just not shown on the rough draft.

I assume it'll be even more beneficial since there's a lot of maps in the game that are huge, but with reoccurring mobs.

I personally find it enjoyable to travel through maps and explore different environments within the game. For example, why have Flaming Mine when we can get rid of it and relocate the mobs to Burning Rock? Forget the ashy ground and river of lava unique to Burning Rock, it can be removed entirely since it is far too large and contains recoloured mobs.

Roumen has always been Core's true community centre and completely stripping the surroundings in favour of a small corner within Forest of Tides sounds awful to me. A town requires space because it's where everything happens. I don't think the area dedicated to the town part is sufficient to house 35 NPCs, *hopefully* many players, map objects (buildings, decorations, etc.), an empty square for events and gatherings. You won't see Roumen blanketed in snow anymore either.

It's been suggested that removing these maps will reduce server load and latency... The 25 different mob types will still exist but instead of being separated amongst four maps, they will all be jammed into one map the size of Kahal Plains. If we were to host another event similar in nature to the Mr. Frost event, that would only add to the number of mobs on the map.

Edited by Luna

I personally find it enjoyable to travel through maps and explore different environments within the game. For example, why have Flaming Mine when we can get rid of it and relocate the mobs to Burning Rock? Forget the ashy ground and river of lava unique to Burning Rock, it can be removed entirely since it is far too large and contains recoloured mobs.

Roumen has always been Core's true community centre and completely stripping the surroundings in favour of a small corner within Forest of Tides sounds awful to me. A town requires space because it's where everything happens. I don't think the area dedicated to the town part is sufficient to house 35 NPCs, *hopefully* many players, map objects (buildings, decorations, etc.), an empty square for events and gatherings. You won't see Roumen blanketed in snow anymore either.

It's been suggested that removing these maps will reduce server load and latency... The 25 different mob types will still exist but instead of being separated amongst four maps, they will all be jammed into one map the size of Kahal Plains. If we were to host another event similar in nature to the Mr. Frost event, that would only add to the number of mobs on the map.

Reading this, on retail we had two 'event' maps called Regal Siege and ?????. These maps were used by GM's to make events based on Tower Defense or Monster Elimination.

As much as having classy, original Roumen here, the same just happened on retail where they switched out with the more common found Roumen's in other private servers. That town is called Tabbot Town and was used for tutorial purposes to new players. 

If it's possible, maybe we can have our current Roumen as an event map, with the removal of all NPC's of course and a portal in the new map to it.

Reading this, on retail we had two 'event' maps called Regal Siege and ?????. These maps were used by GM's to make events based on Tower Defense or Monster Elimination.

As much as having classy, original Roumen here, the same just happened on retail where they switched out with the more common found Roumen's in other private servers. That town is called Tabbot Town and was used for tutorial purposes to new players. 

If it's possible, maybe we can have our current Roumen as an event map, with the removal of all NPC's of course and a portal in the new map to it.

That seems reasonable to me.

The new Roumen on retail has gates to the event maps you mentioned. With the overwhelming amount of everything already on the new map, I cannot imagine another gate being added that most likely wouldn't be used often. Everything is pointing to there being not enough  space for a town in this new plan, so I believe Roumen should be separated.

And did I mention how ugly the world map will look since it will have to be reconstructed to reflect the removed maps? Some may say that the world map isn't used often, but when it is it should be done with professionalism and an attention to detail as everything else is on Core. That will be difficult without an Isya map that is unlabelled.

Saving space by eliminating them provides space for new content and reduces lag/server load.

One concern would be that low level herbs/mushrooms are going to be harder to get. Sea of Greed in particular is home to a large mushroom patch that will no longer be accessible should this happen. Of course that could've already been taken into account, just not shown on the rough draft.

I am struggling to understand how eliminating these maps will provide space for new content. And yes, you make a good point about the materials.

Edited by Luna

I am struggling to understand how eliminating these maps will provide space for new content. And yes, you make a good point about the materials.

I could be completely wrong about this as I am not familiar with how Fiesta servers store information, but the original post seems to imply that removing these maps will free up server resources.  I interpreted this as something similar to say deleting unused programs off of a computer.

And thank you. o:

Another thing to point out: Some areas in the new Forest of Tides aren't accessible. Like hitting an invisible wall even though the space is wide open free. I noticed this by the area of where Roumen will be, all the way behind it.

I could be completely wrong about this as I am not familiar with how Fiesta servers store information, but the original post seems to imply that removing these maps will free up server resources.  I interpreted this as something similar to say deleting unused programs off of a computer.

And thank you. o:

That's the right analogy, that is what will happen, I think Luna is referring to the amount of mobs on the map, which isn't an issue because I will be changing the current mobs not adding them all, though I might have to add one or two. And to my understanding the mobs and parts of the map are not loaded unless they are in view.

The herbs and mushrooms and wood from other maps will also be added.

Another thing to point out: Some areas in the new Forest of Tides aren't accessible. Like hitting an invisible wall even though the space is wide open free. I noticed this by the area of where Roumen will be, all the way behind it.

That's not an issue with the new Forest of Tides on official Fiesta? Also Spader us currently working on an extension to Forest of Tides so that will create more space, if it doesn't work out though we could always just use the smaller Roumen.

It's a not a big deal, but some people that explored the new map pointed out that they hit invisible walls very often. It's something minor that shouldn't affect gameplay but I'm just tossing it out there for future issues involving the map.

It's a not a big deal, but some people that explored the new map pointed out that they hit invisible walls very often. It's something minor that shouldn't affect gameplay but I'm just tossing it out there for future issues involving the map.

Most likely they either forgot to update the collision map (dictates where a player can or cannot step) or it was done inaccurately. I'm very much hoping that the new Roumen is used instead of trying to force it into Forest of Tides without any particularly good reason. :)