Suggestions for 105+ Gameplay

DoughyCookie

Hey Core players & staff!

I've recently thought of some ideas about gameplay revolving around the newest level expansion, and would really appreciate if others also commented on these ideas in order to better the experience of every player of Core.

Before I get on with the list, wanted to give a brief explanation of how I came to these suggestions.

Core was the first Fiesta private server I ever played (although I started right around the cap raise) and found it very enjoyable compared to retail, until I reached level 105 where things really started to slow down. Secret Lab is a great way to both farm gear and gain exp at this level, but with many of the other active players reaching levels 111 or higher, it became increasingly difficult to find a lab party. So my other options were solo grinding (grinding in a party would be extremely painful considering how long solo grind takes 105+) which wasn't appealing for me, since one of the main reasons I left retail was the constant grinding which I didn't really feel should take that much time. The 2nd option was to raid, with the only raid being done was ML and sometimes ML HC since the other raids were either not doable or just not worth the resources to do. So after getting 105, I slowly reached 107 while mainly just sitting around waiting for raids, which becomes pretty boring. So I decided to explore other servers (sorry) and ultimately ended up back here because I still feel it's the best, but could use some modifications. So, I wanted to bring some suggestions after seeing what other servers had to offer.

- In general, leveling should not be as slow and tedious as it is after 105, but mainly after 110. I'd personally like to see slight exp reductions for 105+ and slightly more reduced for 110+. Currently leveling mainly consists of killing the same mob or pulling/kiting a room continuously for decent amount of times, which just becomes very tedious and boring grinding (1 of my main complaints about retail).

- I'd like to see an instance (BA I'm assuming) where leveling becomes a group effort and something less boring then continuously killing the same things, and more of a challenge as well. This will also make the experience more than a tedious grind, but also farming gears as well which makes it more bearable. (I feel this will also help with the problem of clerics 105+, as currently I am refusing to lvl one beyond 105 since it would require at least a duo which would take a large amount of time.

- I'd like to see more doable/worthwhile raids (There's a rumor of Chimera coming soon, which I fully support, but I'd put priority on an instance for grinding that requires a group (fixing current raids) just to give us something to do that isn't leveling. I can't comment much on raids other then ML since that's all I've participated in, but I'll include what others have said.

Focalar: I hear his AOE not only 1 hits most people, but also most computers. Doesn't sound too fun currently, but the idea of an aura boss does sound very entertaining.

Noit: With the recent nerf to his badges, everyone has told me he's not not worthwhile to do because of his difficulty.

On a side note, I'd like to suggest reversing this nerf so that the max stat is what it was previously. I understand it was found to be imbalanced, but (similar to retail and the pre-nerf 45s) this now gives an advantage to players who got badges before the nerf, and creates an imbalance among the players of the server. If everyone is able to get a badge with that high of stats, they balance each other out.

Malephar: One thing I really enjoy about core is the challenge it presents compared to other servers, but I feel like the time it takes to complete a boss shouldn't be the main challenge. I feel the bosses strengths should be focused around his skills and overall dmg (which is pretty high atm) and less around the amount of hp he has. Raiding ML should require strategy and skill, but it shouldn't require as much as a time investment as it does (This is also due to the lower population, so less people dpsing). Also, mages feel very irrelevant here with

Malephars high m.def, an archer just afk auto attacking does more dps then a mage actively dropping AOEs and using single target skills, which I feel shouldn't be the case, so I suggest a nerf in malephars m.def.

Malephar Hardcore: I feel the suggestions from above apply, although I personally have never attended a hardcore raid on my mage so I'm not sure if his m.def is overly strong or not. I feel the birds should get a reduction in magic damage, currently it essentially requires having 3 tanks and 3 clerics to do a hardcore run, and I don't think birds should be as much as a challenge as ml itself is. Also, with how much coordination this raid requires, I feel the weapon drop rate from ML HC should be 100%, since the difficulty of this raid deserves reward upon completing it. Also I'm not sure what the ML Jewel drop rate is, but it seems to be incredibly low and I suggest it get raised slightly.

I feel if we fix the raids that are currently available and make leveling not as grueling as it is, it will keep the players satisfied and busy while new content is worked on to be added in (such as new raids, instances, and cosmetics). And, with our fixed raids, we will be able to properly gear up for what comes next, which I hope provides us with a challenge as well! Please leave your ideas surrounding 105+ content!

Edited by MrFarbodD

Tbh looking back at it now 105-110 was cake lmao 110+ is when it gets really hard idk if u know how much exp u really need im at 113 an i need 95 bill when i lvl im expecting 14X bill if it follows the trend that it has been setting. 

On a side note i do think lvling needs to be improved but doing an improvement for 105-110 would only lead to complaints after 110 and if areas were improved for 110+ grinding it would make 105 grinding much easier since ur character would be able to handle the mobs at 105 if geared properly. Im all for the BA tho even tho i prefer solo grind.

Falcor has already been nerfed recently and it seems doable even tho i havent complete a run yet i see that it is now killable with the right amount of ppl who are geared properly.

Noit i agree 100% x.x i really want a better badge but the nerf in states makes me reluctant to do noit .

ML has basically been the same on ever server i have played so i dont think that needs to be changed the strategy part is where ml HC comes in which is why ML drop LH and ml HC drops MLs.

ML hc doesnt need to be changed either a nerf would make it much easier yes but with the new skills and hopefully new gears soon it would be way too easy maybe a small nerf in the birds mdmg because they are really op qq.

Luna already promised new outfits and i have seen some they look great just need to wait for the update.

Agreed on most.  I like leveling be a challenge, but at the moment, it's not even a challenge, it's just killing the same easy mob over and over for 10hours... Time consuming, boring, but not hard.

I'd rather have something hard to do that compensate with good xp.  For example, New KQ's   ( or old kq's where you'd raise the xp and the strenght of the mobs) 

I don't know why you nerfed noit badges stats they were fine before imo.

All raids : Most are very boring. Too easy and not requiring any tactic . just  someone tanking, 1-2 cleric and a bunch of ppl hitting.

ML HC and focalor are fine    (saw you nerfed focalor a bit. didn't test it)  ML HC actually require people to work together and know what they are doing.  What makes a boss hard isn't the amount of hp he has, it's  how fast he can wipe your entire party..   I'd rather have more raids where you can't just run in and kill everything easily.

Never seen an archer auto-attacking od'ing me,  but I'm all for ml mdef reduction.

Also waiting for mage mdmg to be buffed.

http://fiesta.core.ms/forums/index.php?/topic/502-magic-blast-nerf/

Edited by FitzChevalerie

For the 105-110 leveling my main concern was clerics (since I would really like to level mine) and how hard it is to level them without being able to find a lab party. I understand it's not too difficult for other classes that can grind, but no one really needs a cleric outside lab for 105+ leveling so you pretty much have to be plvled.

For ML my main concern is it's mdef because I feel it makes mages somewhat irrelevant at raids, when every class should be relevant at every raid.

And fitz, I was just saying my archers auto attacks outdamage my mages skill spam, maybe it wouldn't outdamage a pro mage such as yourself.

Anyway, completely agree with what you said.

A player brought up this topic last night and we both came to the conclusion that the difficulty in reaching high levels restores meaning and status that high level players deserve. Instead of reducing the amount of exp necessary to gain a level, wouldn't it be better to introduce content that you have all mentioned?

Yeah, I guess I didn't word it as well as I should have. What I meant to say is that overall leveling right now is just plain boring (constantly killing the same simple mobs over and over) and from what I've gathered from players who have gone beyond 110 (I have only achieved level 108 thus far) the exp requirements are really high seeing as the only options as of right now are to grind mobs in Kahal/DL/ect. So by my suggestions I was kind of trying to say if instances or other methods of leveling aren't coming soon, I'd really like to see some type of nerf to exp requirements. But if the administration team does plan on bringing in new methods of leveling that they feel won't make leveling past 110 such a difficult/boring task, then I'm all for it.

I think capping should definitely be a challenge, but right now the only thing it requires is patience. There's very little skill or strategy involved with the current method of capping, which is simply grinding mobs in Kahal or other maps, it's just time consuming.  

This thread is so much win.

I'd like to throw in my supporting factors as well.

Leveling is leveling, make it too easy and everyone gets bored, fast.

Make it too hard and most (but not all) lose their motivation and start weighing in the worthwhile of it.

Currently, there's only skill upgrades and bragging rights to be had. I'm overly fortunate that we've at least got SOMETHING as a reward. All I can ask is that things eventually continue to add to the reward list. I know a lot of us squawk about new gear and armor, we aren't joking. A 114 green weapon is the only significant improvement beyond ML gear. If you say "well not everyone is geared in ML's" my rebuttal is that this server has been officially released just short one week of a year now. If you don't have ML's or sufficient armor, you're either brand new or never tried to obtain it somehow. This reboot seems to be designated directly at our older community so I feel like those suggestions should be taken more seriously. Anyone can cap here if they really try, but if you lose more than you gain (post 110 with out leveling HG and Secret Lab) then what was really achieved? In conclusion, the rates and amounts could stay the same but if they do PLEASE offer more than just blank screen mob grinding. Leveling can be fun if it's made to be!

I'm not sure how many of us have seen Burning Adealia in it's retail form, but one thing everyone needs to know is that with these files, it cannot be replicated piece by piece. Any time I've ever seen it available on a server it's been tweaked to be completely different and sometimes even drop other things. The possibility to create custom content can only be used with what's already available to staff. Even then it'd need to be tested thoroughly to make sure everything is set the way it's expected. So something like this wouldn't happen overnight, but there could also already be plenty of things in the works that haven't been finished yet.

I've been through the luxury of having 25-30 people there to kill Normal Malephar and it be a 5-10 minute raid total. Annnnd I've been there where you're essentially solo'ing it and after about 45 minutes you're awarded a 1 int 2h. The difficulty makes it so that you have to be a somebody to do it. Step by step anyone could build themselves up to do any of these raids. I say that but I still feel like Focalor is a bit over the top. For a gladiator who's geared beyond reasoning, I can actually still be one-shot by it. I was told that it's damage had been nearly halved, but I've seen no difference. Better left to the staff on that one. Noitome was so worthwhile back then, coming back to find out the stat cap was changed for an unknown reason (to me) only made my will to want to kill that stupid thing lessen more.

So really, a more entertaining method of leveling, rewards for it, and maybe a better look at our current shared issues with certain world bosses. That seems to be something everyone can agree on, both new and old. I encourage everyone who has an opinion to express it, whether you agree or not. Feedback has always been acknowledged, I don't see it stopping now.

Edited by Skunk

Eh tl;dr, I skimmed a bit and only touched on a few things...overall I agree with most of what has been said.

Focalar: I hear his AOE not only 1 hits most people, but also most computers. Doesn't sound too fun currently, but the idea of an aura boss does sound very entertaining.

I know sharpshooters aren't particularly known for having high def/mdef but the focalor one-hits me every aoe he does and mind you I'm full ml geared (except for my top), full +9 except for one ring, and full scrolled/charmed. Seems a bit much to me. Even if I enhance that ring I doubt I'll survive it.

Tbh looking back at it now 105-110 was cake lmao 110+ is when it gets really hard idk if u know how much exp u really need im at 113 an i need 95 bill when i lvl im expecting 14X bill if it follows the trend that it has been setting. 

It's 143 bil at 114, just asked Salt.

I'd rather have something hard to do that compensate with good xp.  For example, New KQ's   ( or old kq's where you'd raise the xp and the strenght of the mobs) 

I think the idea of old KQs for higher levels is great. It plays into the nostalgia factor for those of us who actually did these KQs in massive groups back in the day. Also not to mention they go almost untouched currently and it just seems like a lot of interesting content going to waste.

A player brought up this topic last night and we both came to the conclusion that the difficulty in reaching high levels restores meaning and status that high level players deserve. Instead of reducing the amount of exp necessary to gain a level, wouldn't it be better to introduce content that you have all mentioned?

I would have to agree, if the content that was mentioned was introduced then not only would there be more incentive to level, but also more ways to level. I don't think the exp would seem so much then, and with new content classes like clerics would be needed which gives people an incentive to help them level.

So in one sentence to sum up the essay.... Make it harder, not more time consuming to get shit done, but not impossible to the point it gives us nothing to do besides sit there being pissed off we wasted the charm to do what will never be done.