[Rebalance] Trickster Class

Voltra

Hello Core community!

Today I want to talk about the Trickster Class and what we can do to make it more balanced between the other classes. Let's start.

I've noticed something about tricksters on Core that makes me a bit sad. Tricksters are pretty much useless at level 1-100. Talking about skills here. They have pretty much the same skills since they got released on Gamigo. Looking at them at low level they have a hard time soloing and can only survive with parties, this leads to no one wanting a trickster on their parties and he is left alone which means he have to solo level. Unless he is getting plvled which is the second way to level..

I was looking at Archers + Clerics which also are kinda useless at their lower levels but here is the thing with these two classes. They have some "new" low level skills like "Break" for the Cleric Class and "Nature's Agility" for the Archer Class.

Tricksters has no such "new" low level skills. They are pretty much the same and kind of useless class until you get to level 100 and do your promotion. My idea here is to take a skill and make it start at lower level for tricksters. Lets say we take "Force Slash" which is a trickster aoe attack. Make it start at level 27(just an example) instead. This will make tricksters more active as it's an aoe skill. They will find parties easier and could solo level much easier.

I think Trickster is a class that needs to get improved/balanced. Like the suggestion I gave above or increasing their base stats a bit. Nonetheless this needs to be discussed.

What do you guys think?

What about Fighters and Mages? There skills match the ones on Gamigo? Also these new skills you mentioned, they aren't new, they were on official but they must've been removed, that's how I understand it anyhow. The Break and Nature's Agility skills aren't new or custom skills, these skills were part of the official game, they were just removed recently. Also Break is a single target spell and Nature's Agility is a buff. You are comparing these to skills to an AOE skill which is much more powerful, not to mention it does also stun which will be a massive game changer for low level PVP and PVE, whereas Break only reduces the targets defence slightly and Nature's Agility increases your characters agility slightly.

But if you are asking for Trickster to get such a skill then what about the other classes? i.e. Fighters and Mages. This one change will need a lot of work and a lot of further balancing, to me it seem like it would ruin the balance not improve it.

What about Fighters and Mages? There skills match the ones on Gamigo? Also these new skills you mentioned, they aren't new, they were on official but they must've been removed, that's how I understand it anyhow. The Break and Nature's Agility skills aren't new or custom skills, these skills were part of the official game, they were just removed recently. Also Break is a single target spell and Nature's Agility is a buff. You are comparing these to skills to an AOE skill which is much more powerful, not to mention it does also stun which will be a massive game changer for low level PVP and PVE, whereas Break only reduces the targets defence slightly and Nature's Agility increases your characters agility slightly.

But if you are asking for Trickster to get such a skill then what about the other classes? i.e. Fighters and Mages. This one change will need a lot of work and a lot of further balancing, to me it seem like it would ruin the balance not improve it.

I'm asking about it because tricksters has no AOE skills at lower levels. Mages do, Fighters do, Archers do, Clerics are used in pt as heal/revive. While Tricksters are left out and no one wants them into their party. Im just saying, PVP at lower levels  doesn't exist and will never do, you know that. It's purely for PVE I made this suggestion.

FIghters - They are tankers and have two AOE skills under level 60. Which makes them wanted in a party, they can pretty much solo to CAP with their high def + AOE skills.

Mages - They also have some proverfull AOE skills with high DMG rate. They also are wanted in a party, soloing is no problem either.

Archers - They have KITE skills, which makes them also good when leveling in a party or solo.

Clerics - Everyone wants a cleric in their party - buffs - heal - revive - making it easy to level up.

Then we have Tricksters... No defence, No AOE skills, just some good speed and crit rate. This makes them useless at lower level. No one wants to be in a party with them and solo leveling is going to be a pain. Only option for them is to get plvled. Adding Force Slash starting at lower levels will make people re-think about tricksters. "They have an AOE skill that is good, let him join" or if there still is no party that wants tricksters in they have Force Slash AOE which will help them level up easier.

Doing this will make tricksters able to do raids, dungeon instances and be a part of the party at lower levels.

I'd really love to sympathize and relate with you; as I love tricksters all the same, but there's a lot of opinionated reasoning mentioned that actually should just be blown off the board because of the status of the server.

As far as 'new/custom/different from retail skills and abilities go the only one I've seen on these files is Slip Away. Most everyone is familiar with what it does, and are either totally for it or against it depending on which side of the table you're sitting at.  I know at one point this skill was excluded from the list tricksters had for it's own reasons, not sure if it's still that way but let's just go ahead and say it is.

The skill you mention (vigor/force slash) happens to be a skill that's shown up on a different set of files of which I assume you probably already knew. Keep in mind that this server does what it can to refrain from an obtuse and custom feel but more of a nostalgic feel of what retail is/was. You do still get the skill when it's intended to be unlocked after you prestige. Personally, I don't think it's a game breaker at lower levels, but I also don't think it's going to help you anymore than another skill you already own does.

As far as trickster's statistics, we all know what they're known for. Every class has a strength and weakness, the best part of making a character is flourishing in your strengths and objectifying your weaknesses. Calling for a re-balance isn't how you pull off the latter. We've all started from scratch on something new and either chose to make the best of it or simply pick another class. You too have that option.

As far as leveling goes, it's a private server. There's really nothing else to add to it. I know that tricksters had a hell of a time trying to level (ideally 50-90 back when there weren't spammed repeats and instances) on retail but it hardly takes any elbow grease to get to 105. Soloing is just a milestone in the leveling life when you pick a melee class unless you choose a leveling partner who accommodates that.

In conclusion, once you prestige and you get everything you're asking for in this post you'll probably feel heaps better. So I wish you luck on that at least.  ^_^ 

I'd really love to sympathize and relate with you; as I love tricksters all the same, but there's a lot of opinionated reasoning mentioned that actually should just be blown off the board because of the status of the server.

As far as 'new/custom/different from retail skills and abilities go the only one I've seen on these files is Slip Away. Most everyone is familiar with what it does, and are either totally for it or against it depending on which side of the table you're sitting at.  I know at one point this skill was excluded from the list tricksters had for it's own reasons, not sure if it's still that way but let's just go ahead and say it is.

The skill you mention (vigor/force slash) happens to be a skill that's shown up on a different set of files of which I assume you probably already knew. Keep in mind that this server does what it can to refrain from an obtuse and custom feel but more of a nostalgic feel of what retail is/was. You do still get the skill when it's intended to be unlocked after you prestige. Personally, I don't think it's a game breaker at lower levels, but I also don't think it's going to help you anymore than another skill you already own does.

As far as trickster's statistics, we all know what they're known for. Every class has a strength and weakness, the best part of making a character is flourishing in your strengths and objectifying your weaknesses. Calling for a re-balance isn't how you pull off the latter. We've all started from scratch on something new and either chose to make the best of it or simply pick another class. You too have that option.

As far as leveling goes, it's a private server. There's really nothing else to add to it. I know that tricksters had a hell of a time trying to level (ideally 50-90 back when there weren't spammed repeats and instances) on retail but it hardly takes any elbow grease to get to 105. Soloing is just a milestone in the leveling life when you pick a melee class unless you choose a leveling partner who accommodates that.

In conclusion, once you prestige and you get everything you're asking for in this post you'll probably feel heaps better. So I wish you luck on that at least.  ^_^ 

This is what I was looking for, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I want to take up the discussion about trickster class as I think it's just left behind.

I know that at later levels tricksters do get powerful, I've mentioned that before. Just wanted to talk about them at their lower levels. Ideas, suggestions, just a plain discussion so to say.:)