Archer Suggestions

Muse

Having played an archer here for a bit, I feel that they might need some slight changes/improvements pvp wise. These suggestions will be biased towards the SS class since I have not played a ranger here (and I only see about 2 rangers around anyways).

Major Suggestions:

Adding an ice shot skill: (My favorite option  :P ) This skill would allow an archer to ice someone for a certain amount of time. Since an archer's basic way to kill when they pvp is to stack, being able to freeze an opponent would allow them to set up their stack without being killed while trying to use nature's speed/annihilating power. Hard to pvp when I've already been killed before using more than 5 skills

Evasion Increase: Even in full mal armor, the evasion of a SS is not enough to avoid a decent amount of skills. I have not tested it, but I believe that even in a full mal set with maxed evasion accessories, the max eva one could get is around 2.5k or so. (I could be totally wrong, haven't tested it out). And being in a full mal set drops your HP a considerable amount which makes it even easier to die. Anyways, this could be another possible idea

Minor Suggestions

Reducing Nature's Speed Cooldown: The basic cooldown for this skill is 5 minutes 30 seconds. Even if you max out its cooldown, it takes almost 4 minutes to replenish. This skill is one of the few reasons a SS can  pvp. Reducing its cooldown would be a step in the right direction

Nature's Agility: This skill seems to be bugged and could use an upgrade. The highest it goes is T9 (level 89) and it says it increases invasion by 100. When I use it, my eva increases by only 80. Adding upgrades to this skill could allow one to get more evasion making it easier to survive.

This isn't really a suggestion, but I'd appreciate an evasion suit that doesn't make my char look like a cross-dresser xD (Marilyn Monroe suit and Frilly Pink Dress)

Feel free to critique my suggestions or add your own. I'd like to see if anyone else has ideas

Edited by Muse

Patch Log #004 - 10 Nov 2013: Changed the 3 piece Korin Set effect to reduce the cool down of the skill nature's speed by 50%

Patch Log #005 - 07 Dec 2013: Reduced Nature's Speed CD to 5 minutes 30 seconds.

Hence the possibility of infinite Nature's Speed.

Nature's Agility skill bug was reported here: http://fiesta.core.ms/forums/index.php?/topic/655-natures-agility-09/?hl=agility

I won't be increasing archer base evasion, but I will take into consideration some additional skills for both classes.

I get what your saying, archers could use some improving skills to better Pvp, but tbh, I have 2k eva regularly. And even though it's slightly lower than what you said, I make up the loss with my str build. And adding end/spr just makes me a little less squishy for the moves that do hit. I don't really think that archers have a problem with their eva, you just need to stack fast. And as for Natures Speed cooldown? o.o I've never had a problem with it. Just chain cast it, and use it for later a second time. Usually the Pvp match is over by the time it runs out. :3 

@Farbod: Sorry I never read those patch notes/bug reports, but thank you for the response and info. Hoping for those additional skills  :wub:

@Tarah: Going to test out some different things, hopefully they work out better ;c Thanks for the input

I don't think eva works how it's suppose to. For a person with 1.4k aim hitting me with 2.1k eva on my Ranger in full ML, that shouldn't be happening. 

As Farbod said, with a Korin Set you can keep up Nature's Speed forever. 

What archers could use is a bit more def and increase in running speed. ( Which I am tempted to use 5% Speed Scrolls for. )

Evasion has always seemed to have its bugs. I've missed before on people that have less eva than my aim. (Outside this server, could be fixed here, I'm not sure) xD

@Fitz: pls qq

Evasion has always seemed to have its bugs. I've missed before on people that have less eva than my aim. (Outside this server, could be fixed here, I'm not sure) xD

@Fitz: pls qq

eva will stay "buggy" if it was where 1.5 aim could never hit 2k eva then dex would be more op than any other stats. 

unfortanetly this does suck since the dex focused class gets a middle finger for pvp aside from ss blind/neutralize, but archers will always have their ups and downs same as every other class (except friggin glads ><)