Basic guide to switching like a Pro (Video)

Ghost

So the video will pretty much sum everything up, the only thing I have to add is the reasoning behind why I set everything to numpad

N7 N8 N9

N4 N5 N6

N1 N2 N3

Red = Tops N7 is your main, N4 is Slash, N1 is Mighty

Green = Pants N8 is your main, N5 is slash

Pink = Vitality, since there are no slash boots this is the perfect spot to put vitality for easy use after equipping mighty set.

Cyan = Boots N9 is your main, N3 is mighty

This system makes it easier to remember exactly where everything is since tops go down in a straight row, pants go down in a straight row, and boots go down in a straight row (with the exception of vitality)

You're also able to use arrow keys for a 3 set + effect e.g:

Left = Top

Down = Pants

Right = Boots

Up = Skill

Dim set, Mighty set, etc ... :)

Nice guide, I'd find it kinda hard to switch like that because I've got my own way already but it's nice for those starting to switch ^^

You're also able to use arrow keys for a 3 set + effect e.g:

Left = Top

Down = Pants

Right = Boots

Up = Skill

Dim set, Mighty set, etc ... :)

Nice guide, I'd find it kinda hard to switch like that because I've got my own way already but it's nice for those starting to switch ^^

I love you I never thought of doing that now and now I will xD

• 2 weeks later...

[] Slash Set

'; Regular

/., Beast/Dim

JKL Defect Set

Arrows Mighty Set and Vit.

OP S/S

U Axe/2h

8 Axe/2h skin

9 1h Skin

If you don't have numbers on your keyboard. I have numbers on mine but I still use punctuation because it's easier for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you explain the benefits of a gladiator switching to s/s for 1h attacks?

more dmg and attack rate

Honestly as a glad I never switch so s/s unless I'm fighting a mage. The weapon switching wasn't really directed towards gladiators more so to knights and perms, they are the ones that really benefit from the extra damage that it gives and it helps to set them apart from the rest of the knights/perms at their level. Usually with gladiators if your skills are empowered correctly you will be in a consistent rotation of skills and won't really have time to switch into a 1h and it really isn't needed because 91 HG damage just won't compare to say 105 axe damage. So even if you don't have skills to use it may be better for a gladiator to auto attack rather than to switch for slice & dice.

Honestly as a glad I never switch so s/s unless I'm fighting a mage. The weapon switching wasn't really directed towards gladiators more so to knights and perms, they are the ones that really benefit from the extra damage that it gives and it helps to set them apart from the rest of the knights/perms at their level. Usually with gladiators if your skills are empowered correctly you will be in a consistent rotation of skills and won't really have time to switch into a 1h and it really isn't needed because 91 HG damage just won't compare to say 105 axe damage. So even if you don't have skills to use it may be better for a gladiator to auto attack rather than to switch for slice & dice.

Gotcha, it just kind of through me off without the clarification. Thought maybe there was something out there I was missing. But, I totally agree on the perm thing not as much the Knight aspect.

I've played Knight before and I never found myself switching to a 2h unless it was purely for style, I fended pretty well in pvp just using s/s. Although, I do suppose it all depends on the kind of Knight said person is.

You'd be surprised at how much DPS you can turn out by weapon switching on a Knight.

The fastest DPS for a Knight is S/S. At most you get like 2 or 3 skills with a 2h, and with the time it takes to switch to it I just fail to see the benefits. But, that's just me.

The fastest DPS for a Knight is S/S. At most you get like 2 or 3 skills with a 2h, and with the time it takes to switch to it I just fail to see the benefits. But, that's just me.

If you can switch fast the damage is worth it and skills that are shared between the weapons like immobilize, fatal slash, etc will be better used on a 2h for more damage.

If you can switch fast the damage is worth it and skills that are shared between the weapons like immobilize, fatal slash, etc will be better used on a 2h for more damage.

A lot of players use weapons skins, gotta take that into account. And, if they choose to not use it that's a good percent of damage gone. I have a computer that allows me to set switch with ease. But I could also test that switching back and forth with weapons doesn't always have the smoothest transition. But, that's just my opinion. I respect the weapon switching aspect but you never actually see anyone doing it, or rarely.

lol

You're cool aren't you, lol. 

A lot of players use weapons skins, gotta take that into account. And, if they choose to not use it that's a good percent of damage gone. I have a computer that allows me to set switch with ease. But I could also test that switching back and forth with weapons doesn't always have the smoothest transition. But, that's just my opinion. I respect the weapon switching aspect but you never actually see anyone doing it, or rarely.

You're cool aren't you, lol. 

Not sure if you noticed, but in the beginning of the video I switched from a 1h to a axe with skin in a quick amount of time, no damage was lost really. Skin switching is pretty complicated but it can be done, most people don't do it because they'll try it once, fail at it, and then give up. The further you get into switching the more complex it becomes and the more practice it takes to get things right.