Magic Blast nerf :/

dronenn

uh c:

I know you may say its not a nerf its a rebalance or something like that but :I .. right now its kinda useless xd , it used to be main dmg tool for warlocks but here in core, all your other skills hits more than mb :/

Posted Image

Green= actual lv95 mb , Red= actual wl 105 mb,  Blue= official wl 105 mb

Posted ImagePosted Image

600mdmg difference z-z between wiz and warlock MB , there is no point in becoming warlock if your main dmg tool is this nerfed, i mean you nerfed 1/2 mdmg plus you nerfed sun set too :c

A player with decent mdef + extender can tank all your  MBs without problem , to the point that you depend of your aoes to do some dmg.

Mages are supposed to be deadly in pvp but squishy at the same time, thats why they have low hp/eva/def. I think there are better ways to balance the game rather than nerfing clasess.

Thanks for reading.

Source.

yea but it has cast time and its non kiteable :/, if you see a mage pvping in fbz, he will most likely spam mb.

In fiesta it used to be the main dmg tool, idk why they nerfed it because this server is similar to the official server.

Edited by dronenn

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nah on retail both classes get upgrades on Magic Blast. Other Single targets skills are class locked.

Source

PS: I agree warlocks should get a boost in dmg, but I think it should be given on other spells Wizzies too have to stop moving to deal their high dmg skills.

Edited by FitzChevalerie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nah on retail both classes get upgrades on Magic Blast. Other Single targets skills are class locked.

Source

PS: I agree warlocks should get a boost in dmg, but I think it should be given on other spells Wizzies too have to stop moving to deal their high dmg skills.

Fitz is right, Wizard gets upgrades on Magic Blast as well on retail, although fine here since they get Thunderbolt anyways. 

Warlocks do need a boost in damage because I realized even with all my INT other wizard get a hold on more base damage than me(although could be just me). We probably have the lowest defense as well, Wizards having twice as much as us. 

There's also two sets that needs to be fixed: Sun Set and Gabriel Set effect for Mages. 

Sun Set is suppose to give a 25% Damage Boost to Magic Blast and Gabriel Set effect should be switched to a damage skill that is lower than 55. 

That change to Magic Blast would be nice though. qq

Edited by Zephry

Fitz is right, Wizard gets upgrades on Magic Blast as well on retail, although fine here since they get Thunderbolt anyways. 

Warlocks do need a boost in damage because I realized even with all my INT other wizard get a hold on more base damage than me(although could be just me). We probably have the lowest defense as well, Wizards having twice as much as us. 

There's also two sets that needs to be fixed: Sun Set and Gabriel Set effect for Mages. 

Sun Set is suppose to give a 25% Damage Boost to Magic Blast and Gabriel Set effect should be switched to a damage skill that is lower than 55. 

That change to Magic Blast would be nice though. qq

This ^ :c

Do agree its pretty low, and maybe far could change fireball so you can insta cast it instead of those 4secs you stop to cast it hence ive played a server where this was possible, idk if it is here but yea...

Wont be needed if he increases mb mdmg

Edited by Heartless

Yeah, i've played a server where they removed the cast time for Archers Multi-Shot and made it Level 15. Was pretty darn awesome. 

i think same.. not sure, same server i was refering to, gave fighter a mini dash at lvl 40, archers 1st poison aoe was at 20

and some other modifications, like mage had nova at lvl 40 too xDD  cute af

and well, if he does take out the fireball cast time, should be only for locks, so the skills before lvl 100 keep cast time = wiz skills

after 100 no cast time= lock

:c

Edited by Heartless

• 2 weeks later...

Okay.. Why cripple a classes(Warlock) damage dealing skill. I already know this topic has already sprung about on this forums but, like seriously... Lowering the damage on magic blast for lock is practically equivalent to taking away vitality from a glad. Neglect from a knight. Nature speed from Archers. And the ability to cast healing skills on a cleric. 

It'd be nice to have a balanced pvping. More so towards to blunt fact that, a lock whom has not enough aim to kill glads with their OP evasion, having the damage from magic blast would compensate for those misses. That being said, whats to happen when Mal jewls come about? Locks will be rendered useless up against a glad. High evasion along with OP magic defense.. might as well everyone play glads then. In closing, it'd be balanced if a wiz's magic blast doesn't rival's a lock's magic blast.

Positive feedback please & thank you.

• 5 months later...

honestly yeah, played wl/wizz and noticed full dmg empowerment on MB with sun set still did less dmg than aoes :/ seems like a waste of sp except if ur just running like hell which even then u slow down and still not pump out enough dmg to make a glad/knight sit back for a second to stay alive. yeah it is easy to OP but as is on core its nerfed well beyond use, other than to try and get some extra dmg in on someone while their iced inside aoes.

idk maybe its just me

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe giving Mages and Archers (only class that kites) a permanent running speed increase would be nice.

Still looking for that Magic Blast upgrade. :< 

No no no no no no no no no that would make them op as fuck. The main problem with Fiesta in general, specially if you look at official is lack of escape moves and gap closers. In well balanced games ranged class has CC and escape moves to stay out of range, infact range class has lower base speed than melee for balance sake. Melee class in turn has gap closer and CC to catch ranged classes. This create a nice balance of counter play. What Fiesta is mage has everything escape and CC while archer has nothing. And melee beside glad and reaper has no catch what so ever. Even glad's dash is pitful as long as the mage keep 1 CC for that dash it useless. Not to metion wizard and their blink -.-

Although one way giving mage/archer more movement speed is to make none of their skill kitable, than they can have more movement coz they have to stop to use skills.

No no no no no no no no no that would make them op as fuck. The main problem with Fiesta in general, specially if you look at official is lack of escape moves and gap closers. In well balanced games ranged class has CC and escape moves to stay out of range, infact range class has lower base speed than melee for balance sake. Melee class in turn has gap closer and CC to catch ranged classes. This create a nice balance of counter play. What Fiesta is mage has everything escape and CC while archer has nothing. And melee beside glad and reaper has no catch what so ever. Even glad's dash is pitful as long as the mage keep 1 CC for that dash it useless. Not to metion wizard and their blink -.-

Although one way giving mage/archer more movement speed is to make none of their skill kitable, than they can have more movement coz they have to stop to use skills.

You understood, a tad. But thought of it your own way.

I'm not asking for anything OP. But the reason mages and archers die so quickly is not because they don't have disables (both classes have plenty, especially Warlocks and Rangers) is because when they kite or use a skill while moving, their speed decreases and that enable Melee classes to catch up faster than expected. 

It's either people accept others using 5 - 10% Speed Scrolls while PvPing, or have a class running speed increased.