Economic Problems.

Vige

Fawn isn't hating on Knights guys, chill.

He's just trying to point out that it's generally a good idea to have a character capable of doing decent aoe damage for farming and not just a Knight. Even if the Knight is your main.

I've already explained to the OP that if he doesn't desire to invest tons of money into a farming character that creating a Ranger would be a good idea. All they really require is a speed scroll, maybe a mag xbow, and some patience. However he didn't seem to like my suggestion at all. So meh. .-.

Edited by Shiver

When I first started my wiz, it was extremely hard for me to make money. However, as I leveled up, I farmed BBs while being 70% charmed and working my way up to being able to farm OLT or higher leveled DL mobs on my own. It takes a couple days to get to where you want to be but it's nothing that's unbearable. If you fill your inventory with weapons from lower leveled mobs such as those in SoD or AR, you're turning 2g for the 50% Charm of Might and hp extender into probably about 30-40g in about an hour or two depending on the mob size of your pull and how fast you kill. It's not hard at all to make money, it's just time consuming, and if you have a mage, gear shouldn't stop you from being able to kill bigger sized mobs. Just focus on a weapon and you'll be fine. I was soloing BBs at 85 so it's not impossible. Dedicate yourself and you'll get to where you want to be.

Fawn isn't hating on Knights guys, chill.

He's just trying to point out that it's generally a good idea to have a character capable of doing decent aoe damage for farming and not just a Knight. Even if the Knight is your main.

I've already explained to the OP that if he doesn't desire to invest tons of money into a farming character that creating a Ranger would be a good idea. All they really require is a speed scroll, maybe a mag xbow, and some patience. However he didn't seem to like my suggestion at all. So meh. .-.

Having a character that can do AOE damage is nice, but it shouldn't be limited to just those classes. One can argue and say Fighters have two aoes as well, but takes more time for them to kill all the mobs at once. Same goes for Trickster and Clerics.

OP doesn't want to feel obligated on making a new character for gaining money to buy things he need. It shouldn't be easy but it also shouldn't be hard since it's a pserver.  

You posted 3 obligated forms of making money, which is valid, but shouldn't be necessary. LOL. And on top of that you actually have to be geared first, especially if you're a mage. 

Why is making a Knight as a first char bad? Even though it wasn't, shouldn't judge him based on that.

On-topic: 

Money making could use a revision, nothing like elrue making but another method. As long as it's not OP that cause inflation. 

Making a Knight is a horrible decision as a SOLO player. Playing a knight as your first class is probably a wiser decision left for someone with an actual group to level and do things with, it's sort of like leveling a cleric as your first character. Think about it.

Also, money making doesn't require a revision. Money making is easy people are just lazy. Ps, my first character was an archer and I made money solo easily by kiting black bears and selling drops with blue gear I farmed from TM which I farmed with lvl 70 WHITES on. So no honey it's not hard. Yall are just lazy.

In my opinion we've already probably got the most ways to make money out of any server, including the generic in game ones. If you've got some suggestions then leave some feedback.

This.

Some people want it too easy

This.

Having a character that can do AOE damage is nice, but it shouldn't be limited to just those classes. One can argue and say Fighters have two aoes as well, but takes more time for them to kill all the mobs at once. Same goes for Trickster and Clerics.

OP doesn't want to feel obligated on making a new character for gaining money to buy things he need. It shouldn't be easy but it also shouldn't be hard since it's a pserver.  

So basically you want Fighter, Trickster and Cleric AoE's to do like Nova and Inferno damage? Not sure what point you're even trying to making because that's a stupid idea just in itself. OP has no choice but to feel obligated to make a new character that's the life of choosing a TANK you suffer in damage. Also Fighter AoE's are mostly for stun effect, Trickster for icing and Clerics AoE's both have debuffs. Welcome to Fiesta.

It's limited to those classes because it's sort of a specialty thing, can you imagine if fighters did equal AoE dmg to Mages or Archers are you even kidding me WHO WOULD PLAY ANY OTHER CLASS THEY'VE ALREADY GOT EVERYTHING AS IT IS. Classes each have their own role. Leveling isn't even hard on this private server, not sure why anyone would be too pressed about being obligated to level a new character just to make money faster.

PS.

GUESS WHAT MAKING ELRUES ISNT HARD BUT IT ISNT EASY. 

MAKING A PERM ISNT HARD BUT IT ISNT EASY.

LEVELING AN ARCHER ISNT HARD BUT IT ISNT EASY.

I actually have a new look on making money in this game. for one thing, things are a bit plushy and handed to us. I mean think about it. Since when does a private server give you free coins for the item mall, and sell charms, extenders, exp cards, bundles, and war rants? I never had that on other servers. I had to either rely on others spending real money on buying charms and such, or spend some money myself. Sure it takes time to farm in OLT, and elrue is time consuming, but its better than nothing at all LOL. The same with money in real life, all you gotta do is save it. What more can you ask for than being able to make money without doing anything or just farming? It really isn't that hard to collect or make scrolls, get a few charms and a buff and farm some drops to sell. If your character isn't exactly strong enough, elrue is still an option to start you off lol. I knew someone  that bragged about having over 3G from making elrue in another client everyday while he was online. If he can, everyone else can <3

For knights to make money they either have to duo with a mage or solo BBs for lvl108 weapons. I tanked the 1st Room in OOLT with a +0 LN set and +10/9 S/S, with defense cs and charms ofc. It was like 20-30g a hour? Which is still pretty good.