Maintenance Suggestion

Valiant

Every time that this game goes on maintenance, I get confused. I don't really understand why it goes on maintenance. It doesn't tell on the Core FaceBook page, either. 

I'm asking if you guys can make a topic about why you guys are doing a maintenance, and preferably an ETA. 
Thank you.

-Valiant

It isnt on maint. server is down.

They are trying to fix server to reduce lag and get DDoS protection, but they let us play on the old laggy server, warned us that it may go down randomly  bcuz

it's not fixed

Edited by FitzChevalerie

We've already addressed the possibility of the server going offline unexpectedly in this thread. During a regularly scheduled maintenance, we would announce an estimate of how long the server will be down, but this is a special case. Please bear with us and don't lose hope in Core just because of some minor interruptions recently.

It can't just randomly stop working. Something went wrong, and they should at least inform us about that. 

Lol. it didnt randomly stop working.They closed it. If the games down its down, clearly theyre doing sth to it. its not that hard to understand. Just need to wait. No need to loose your head cuz of it

Lol. it didnt randomly stop working.They closed it. If the games down its down, clearly theyre doing sth to it. its not that hard to understand. Just need to wait. No need to loose your head cuz of it

Just want to know what's going on. ._.

When they shut the server down for an issue, they can't exactly put an ETA on a problem they're not sure how to fix atm. However, if they did, I'm sure they would. Of course, it's always nice to know as much as possible so we can assume, but sometimes you can't when it comes to games like this. I was admin of a different server prior to this and we always ran into problems and never knew how to fix it. All we were able to do is inform the players we were working on it. I know it's irritating, but take it as a chance to get some fresh air and do other things instead of wasting our lives sitting, waiting for a game. c:

When they shut the server down for an issue, they can't exactly put an ETA on a problem they're not sure how to fix atm. However, if they did, I'm sure they would. Of course, it's always nice to know as much as possible so we can assume, but sometimes you can't when it comes to games like this. I was admin of a different server prior to this and we always ran into problems and never knew how to fix it. All we were able to do is inform the players we were working on it. I know it's irritating, but take it as a chance to get some fresh air and do other things instead of wasting our lives sitting, waiting for a game. c:

That's right. Giving an ETA can become problematic because it could be under- or over-estimated, leading only to frustration when the server is not up by a given time. It also pressures the people working on the server to meet this ETA, resulting in sloppy and imprecise work. The good thing about server downtime is that players tend to hang out on the forum which brings the community closer together and allows me to get to know all of you more.