Dedi needs an upgrade?

Advent

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you lag in general?

• Yes, for a short time but constantly.
    • Not at all.

Heeeelo, everyone. As you can see the server population has been growing enormously. Which is fantastic. But with that the lagging issue also has been been increasing. I know for a fact that this is not only myself that lags but many others as well, hence why the poll is there to decipher that. So without further adieu. Can we please get an upgrade so we can stop lagging?

If you noticed some lag yesterday around 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM (UTC) it was because we were doing an internal maintenance and making sure everything was running smoothly and hence the lag. Sorry about that.

It's not just yesterday, for couple days now. And no it didn't stop yet. :I And it's not just in game even the site goes offline at random times. e.o

Edited by Advent

It's been an ongoing issue that I personally thought would just go away. It seems to happen more frequently during peak playing times than not. It still happens regardless, we've been frozen still for 5-10 second intervals in major city maps, and even party instances. Biggest offender is Secret Lab, its as if there's too much to load for the server. It locks up players healing items and to be honest could very well be a part of the reason why certain rooms fail to load at random times thus ruining the entire run. Aside from that, at least consider looking into the logs. While I wouldn't think we'd have a problem with this average player count, you can't really rule it out either.

After a long discussion with Far we have came to a conclusion its nothing but your internet providers fault and your location.Server is located in Germany and it doesn't lag at all for Farbod with a 20/MBS connection. That's just how the internet works. We can't get it to go any faster.

Server is located in Germany.

Well here's your reason why folks.

Source: Any other private server ran on a server located in Germany faced identical issues, used the exact same excuse (your internet, not mine lololol), and changed dedi's within a month.

People all over the world are having latency/ping issues. Unless our ISP's are to connect to a signal sent out on a small plate on Farbod's roof, of course he'll have the strongest connection while everyone else pitter patters trying to find the lucky dish.

We're already running one of the best options for dedicated servers. We can't upgrade any further, so even if people do vote yes, then we'll contact the company but don't expect anything. We'll have to take it out of our own pockets anyhow so is it even worth it? :o

The lag doesn't happen only on high load times.

Per example, this morning (GMT+0) around 11am, when almost no one is online, we were lagging like hell (+2k ms delay) for like 30mins, then it went away and the game was playable again.

Sometimes it's just spikes... other times dcs... 

If the dedi is in fact the best option available atm, something must be wrong somewhere.

No, its not our ISP. A quick speedtest check showed that all latency was withing the acceptable to german servers (60ms in my case).

Maybe routing problems? Like it happens in EUW (LoL)? Cause like some have said, it doesn't affect all players, and not all at the same time.

I get the nastiest lag when switching between weps/sets, it's like a 5 second delay in between and by the time my sets/weps have switched I'm dead. Other than that I don't get too many lag spikes.

omfg this, this so hard.

• 1 month later...

After a long discussion with Far we have came to a conclusion its nothing but your internet providers fault and your location.Server is located in Germany and it doesn't lag at all for Farbod with a 20/MBS connection. That's just how the internet works. We can't get it to go any faster.

Holland ;3 ish right next to germany with a 40/MBS connection. Yet i lag like a holy mofo here too c; and doubt its just me when 5 other ppl immediatly type god dam it lag or fk lag or lag fk me <---examples ;c either way blaming us is an easy solution ;c but not the solution

Also why does the endgear instance called secret lab make server lag? the kind of lag where u can move/talk/use skills but not pot or switch or stone ;c.

Edited by Behemoth