Slip Away

FitzChevalerie

Add Slip Away?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Add Slip Away?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Zephry, on 27 Jan 2014 - 5:59 PM, said:I agree with Slip Away being added.Not really fair other classes have those "missing skills" but tricksters don't.

Slip away was never an official skill, it's a custom from Odin. So can't really be considered a missing skill. Slip away was a really buggy skill and I'd rather have Binding Blow fixed for reapers(if possible), but if not I'll take the next best thing at slip away. Edited by Ghost

The thing is when OBT was still around it was on their list to remove all Odin skills. The only things that were done was 1) Slip Away was removed only because Freddy said 'it's too OP' and couldn't give much more than that as a reason. 2) Recovering Blow and Eradicate now have the Cross Counter animation.

So, if one was removed when we were told all would be removed then why didn't that happen?

The thing is when OBT was still around it was on their list to remove all Odin skills. The only things that were done was 1) Slip Away was removed only because Freddy said 'it's too OP' and couldn't give much more than that as a reason. 2) Recovering Blow and Eradicate now have the Cross Counter animation.

So, if one was removed when we were told all would be removed then why didn't that happen?

Pretty sure they were all removed, I don't know what skills Fred editing because he never told me, but I don't think it was any of the lower level ones (<100). If we did miss any skills then please do tell.

Pretty sure they were all removed, I don't know what skills Fred editing because he never told me, but I don't think it was any of the lower level ones (<100). If we did miss any skills then please do tell.

It was to my understanding that ALL Odin custom skills were included. Those are the following:

Fighter - Recovering Blow and Eradicate

Cleric - Break and Weaken

Mage - Mind Tap, Spirit Tap,  and Thunderbolt (Wizard)

Archer - Pretty much every Nature buff. (Aim, Critical rate, Curse resistance, and Evasion) Although on the official server there is a buff for increased DEX. Which is split up here. Also, Annihilating Power, Immobilizing Shot, Gravity Field, and Spirit Shot. The five different entrap flowers for Rangers (Stun, Fear, Bind, Slash, Slow. Official had normal, blind, slow, and bleeding. All entrap flowers shared empowerments and cooldowns.)

Trickster - Slip Away.

The only thing removed? The only thing tricksters get as far as custom skills. Might have left some out but this is what I remembered at least. The only thing I recall Freddy 'editing' was those skill animation for the fighter skills and trying to change Binding Blow for reapers.

Fighter - Recovering Blow and Eradicate are on official, so I won't assume it as a custom skill.

Cleric - Break and Weaken are also on official.

Mage - Mind Tap, Spirit Tap and Thunderbolt are on official.

Archer - All Nature buffs are on official. I didn't check them all because you didn't give me specific names, but they had quite a few.

There is a skill on official called Annihilating Shot, I assume it's the same as Annihilating Power. Immobilizing Shot is also on official, Gravity Field isn't on official, but I think it just hasn't been added in yet, I can remove it if necessary though archers will just be weakened. Spirit shot is also on official. Not sure about entrap but again, archers could use it as a buff, because they are already weak.

Trickster - Slip Away is not on official.

I checked their files for the skill, so maybe they haven't added it in game yet? Not sure, but it's on official.

Fighter skills, taken from a 105 gladiator.

Posted Image

Mage skills, taken from a 100 wizard. 

Posted Image

Cleric skills, taken from a 110 holyknight. 

Posted Image

Archer skills, taken from a 115 ranger. 

Posted Image

Which reminds me, Holy Land and Summon Fairy aren't either.

I checked their files for the skill, so maybe they haven't added it in game yet? Not sure, but it's on official.

Thought I'd add to this as I think this is what your point is based upon. While I won't contest it because I haven't personally looked into the files myself for official, the fact is that the previously mentioned skills listed above have yet to make an appearance into the game in the however many years it's been around and probably never will due to balancing purposes (or so they'll tell you). The reason they're even called Odin skills is because it was one of the first private servers to introduce them in the game, hence why they're referred by that name.

For the record I'm not trying to overthrow your point, rather address the fact that you don't see any of those skills in official thus they're considered custom anywhere but there. No I don't want them removed and I'm pretty sure neither does anyone else. My whole point was stressing the very same thing I've said before that this one skill was removed when I was under the impression they'd all be. Hopefully the landslide vote will be enough to consider it re-added to the game and to be honest I don't think it needs to be accessed until prestige like Dash and Blink are. Perhaps that could be the deciding factor in meeting in the middle on this between Freddy and those who opposed the action to begin with. :l

Edited by Skunk

The only custom skill Odin added were:

Summon Fairy

Slip Away

Gravity Field

Retaliate

Anything else you think is a custom skill is in official it's just not available for players to buy. Therefore, no player has them.

And unless someone dug into the files to see that said skills even existed on official, they wouldn't know. Hence why people refer to them as custom. So it's not really a matter of 'what I think' it's more along the lines of 'what the community was brought to believe'.

Some of those skills like Clerics Break and Mages Spirit/Mind Tap are "missing" skills that weren't included in NA/EU Fiesta but in Japanese Bright Kingdom(Fiesta) and the Korean version.

Slip away was never an official skill, it's a custom from Odin. So can't really be considered a missing skill. Slip away was a really buggy skill and I'd rather have Binding Blow fixed for reapers(if possible), but if not I'll take the next best thing at slip away.

Binding Blow is fixed.

So,  will we get it ?  o/ only way id make a 100+ trix

It's at Nina. I recall of it working, having the player teleport to you and you getting stunned. It's not how it SUPPOSE to work but it's better than not having the skill at all. 

You'll either have to ask WhySoSerious(Only Reaper I seen on the server.) or level your trickster to 100 and find out. o:

Scratch that, thought you were talking about Binding Blow. qq

On the other hand, Slip Away is a skill you get at 49 I presume.

Edited by Zephry

Yes..  But I'm not making any trix if we can't have it. they weak and too kiteable without

They aren't weak at all! If you have good gear you can easily survive a Mage or Fighter. The only time I would have a problem with either one is if they recovered faster that what I usually put out(never had a problem with mages about that).