Mages' guide. Explanation and Advice.

Berserker

Hey all :)

This guide is made for those who want to learn more about their Mages. I will try to explain most of the important aspects for a Mage.

>>Mages<<

Mages are the only Magical Damage class (Yeah I know Crusaders deal Magical Damage as well, but we don't have them here right?), they deal an enormous quantity of damage to enemies. Along with the Archers, they're able to deal DoT (Damage over Time) using their AoEs (Area of Effect).

However, their reputation is low during lower levels. Simply because their lack of Skills and Defense makes them way too vulnerable. They start to "grow" after Lv. 60. There is also something basic on this class which is...

RUN!

Lets face it guys, the defense of a Mage will always be at the bottom despite on how much End you want to stack up. Along with the Archers, they must run in order to survive and kill.

But this is only a small con. If you keep reading, you will notice why.

WEAPONS!

A Mage is able to use 2 different kind of weapons:

Staff: (Higher aim) [WIZARD weapon]

Wand: (Higher Mdmg.) [WARLOCK weapon] (Lv. 20+)

NOTE: Class restriction starts after Lv. 100. Until then, you're free to use any of them.

EVOLUTION!

Lv. 20: A Mage evolves to a Wiz Mage. After you complete your 1st JC you will be able to learn new skills and Wands are going to be usable.

Lv. 60: A Wiz Mage evolves to Enchanter. After you complete your 2nd JC you will learn new skills, this is when Mages start to "grow".

Lv. 80: An Enchanter evolves to a Diabolic Enchanter. No JC, upgrades of skills, and after you level up to 81, you will enjoy being a Mage even more (I will explain why later)

Lv. 100: This is when you have to pick between being a Wizard or a Warlock. You have to know some stuff before you pick one:

WIZARDS: PVE/AoE Class. Staff users. This class is known for having a wide range of AoE skills, you may pick this class if you like to AoE/DoT everything and summon Skeletons. They are known for being able to "Blink" in order to escape from a treat.

WARLOCKS: PVP/Single target Class. Wand users. They have an Immense power along with annoying skills such as Mesmerize, Metamorphosis, etc.

STATS!

As I said before, the Mage class has an immense power. They start with the following Stats

STR:  1

DEX:  3

END:  3

INT:   10

SPR:  5

HP:  42

SP:  45

As you may notice, their END is as low as their DEX, and of course, their weakest stat is STR, but don't worry about that, you're not going to need it.

Dat Int! They get a 10 in Intelligence, making them a powerful class.

The Stats you will empower will depend on what you want.

PURE INT:

This build is made to burn down your opponents. Mages' magical damage is insanely high with this kind of build. If you're able to find good gears, go for it.

PURE DEX: 

Mages often have troubles dealing with enemies that reach them, specially Fighters on PvP. Their low defense doesn't back up the terrible stack and debuffs of a Fighter. The best way to deal with them would be having a higher Evasion than their Aim, reason some people picks this build. 

PURE END:

Once again... Mages' defense isn't high. People defines a Mage with capabilities to tank as a "Mank", I seriously never tried an END mage before, this may only be worth it if you're able to obtain good gears... but I don't know.

HYBRIDS:

A combination of different stat empowerments.

25 SPR rest INT:

25 SPR should be added if you want an extra 5% critical rate. People uses this build so you can hit with many criticals while having a good Magical Damage.

50 DEX rest INT:

Having a pretty cool Magical Damage and high Aim and Evasion, this build is pretty common on high level Mages.

33 DEX rest INT:

People uses this if they want more Magical Damage but lower Aim and Evasion, this build is common on perm Mages 66-76.

25 SPR, 50 DEX rest INT.

A mixture between everything you saw above, 5% critical boost, high Aim and Evasion but pretty low Magical Damage as a result.

WRONG BUILDS:

Half/Half END INT.

Yeah you have INT, that's cool, but END? END should only be used ONLY if you're aiming to be a MANK which would mean plain END build. Empowering END and INT on a Mage is a waste of stat points in my opinion.

All stats but STR empowerement.

Nope, don't do this. You will only obtain a small boost at every stat but STR, resulting in having low stats. Always try to focus on a stat.

Anything related to STR.

Mages don't use STR.

As for gear stats, either END DEX INT or END DEX SPR is cool. Try to focus more on DEX though, as if a Fighter reaches you, if he/she doesn't miss at all, it's probably over. Once again, you're a running class, you shouldn't try to tank, SPECIALLY on PVP.

SWITCHING!

The process of Switching consists in using different kind of Blue Gears in order to use their effects while fighting. Now before I start, you must have in mind these aspects:

1.- Your latency or PING needs to be low enough so you can switch without a problem. If you have a high latency, you will NOT be able to switch fast enough and even your gears won't be equipping at all. 

2.- SHORTCUTS.... This is a MUST if you want to switch fast enough, unless you got a fast hand so you can move through your gears and equip them without a problem, use SHORTCUTS instead!! (Check ESC menu)

3.- FPS: Having a low FPS is like having a high latency when switching, you may end up switching wrong and only equipping 1 item or even missing a piece, which may result in death.

Mages can switch too, but you have to be REALLY careful, as it will drop your defense even more.

Mages are able to Switch and it's worth it if you know how to do it properly and when to do it.

Useful Blue Gears to keep in mind:

INTELLECT SET: This set is my favorite one for a Mage. It increases the duration of your Drain Mind (Fear) skill. During high levels, it can last even more than a Fighter's 8 second Stun (If the skill is empowered) so switching to it when necessary is a good play.

SUN SET: Mages can get their spammeable Magic Blast on Lv. 81. Sun set increases the damage of the skill, so spamming it with this set sounds nice eh? HOWEVER this set often brings death to a Mage due it being Lv. 55 and dropping your defense even more. So using it on the right time is a must in order to survive. 

Q: Where am I able to farm those?

A: Both Intellect and Sun Set are farmeable by killing Giant Orc Captain (located in Land Of Trials), Giant Goblin King (Concealed Peak) drops the Sun set and Giant Harpy (Trumpy Remains) drops Intellect set in case you're not able to farm GOC.

Intellect set doesn't need a Special Stat, Drain Mind always works on a player, but in case you don't want to lose many HP or SP points, you can try to get an END SPR set. 

Sun set at the other side needs DEX stats, simply because equipping this set will drop your overall stats if you're using better gears on high levels. DEX will help you hit the target more often, but once again, BE CAREFUL.

Both sets need 3 pieces, so be careful while switching as well.

SKILLS!

Just like any other class, the Mage has its unique Skills, I won't be providing an explanation of all, but I shall focus on important ones.

Magic Blast: The signature skill for Mages. This is a single-target basic non moving M.Dmg. skill which is learned at Lv. 49, however, this Skill turns into a moveable Skill on Lv. 65. When a Mage hits Lv. 81, this Skill turns into an spammeable skill. With a 1.2 second cool time if empowered. 

Drain Mind aka Fear: This Skill allows Mages to cast a debuff on an X target, the target will run for seconds on random paths, allowing the Mage to escape from any danger. This skill should be empowered for PVP, as it never fails to be casted on a player. NOTE: It can fail on Monsters, specially on Elite/Hero/Chief and Boss monsters.

Stiffle: The "lag" skill. Using it on a player will cause him/her to have a delay when casting skills. For example, if you used it on a Fighter and he reaches and devastates you, depending on the Tier of your skill, Devastate's effect and damage will be delayed for X seconds, after those seconds passed, you may result stunned, HOWEVER, this won't delay their normal attacks "pokes".

Depending on what do you want to be at Lv. 100, you will have to empower different skills. Such as Mesmerize for Warlocks or Blink for Wizards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCLUSION: Mages can be a powerful tool if used correctly, they may have poor defense, but their immense Magical Damage and AoEs makes them not only a hard opponent to defeat, but also a great party member.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading and thanks to the original Youtube video owners :)

Every game has it's ups and downs , on PW version 1.3.5 for example , Mages own anything and everything , if they can somehow make 0 cooldown. And they can with potions and items.

• 2 months later...

Honestly there is nothing wrong with being able to perm sleep. In wars a friend can dispel/expell and when you have that debuff the mage cannot attack you without waking you up anyways. Not being able to perm sleep is going to drive away alot of warlocks because its something that isnt very broken just used to troll more than anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Mages are fine, i've nerfed Mesmerize (you won't be able to perm sleep).

I don't usually do the silly "perm sleep" thing but how much did you nerf it, if you don't mind me asking. I like using Mesmerize on annoying long-range mobs. (like the mages in Leviathan Nest.) 

The only thing I should see fixed is Sun Set's effect. In most private servers I see that they give a 15% damage boost to Magic Blast but on official it's 25%. 

Also there's something wrong with Warlock's damage/based stats (HP/SP/Def/Eva/Aim) that is lower than a Wizard's. 

I find it uncomfortable that a Wizard is easily able to surpass a Warlock's SP, regardless of build and etc.

Not sure if this should be posted here, but yeah. Giving my two cents on the classes. 

The only thing I should see fixed is Sun Set's effect. In most private servers I see that they give a 15% damage boost to Magic Blast but on official it's 25%. 

Also there's something wrong with Warlock's damage/based stats (HP/SP/Def/Eva/Aim) that is lower than a Wizard's. 

I find it uncomfortable that a Wizard is easily able to surpass a Warlock's SP, regardless of build and etc.

Not sure if this should be posted here, but yeah. Giving my two cents on the classes. 

WL is suppose to have less def/eva/aim then a wiz ;oand yea sun set only gives 15% on pserver making it worthless to use sun set