Fighters' guide. Explanation and Advice.

Berserker

Hey there  :)

This is a kinda long yet helpful class guide, I will give you some advice, I will explain the Fighter class and stuff like that~

Even if many of you already have a lot of experience, some people just needs to know the best way to empower their characters.

>>FIGHTER GUIDE<<

Fighters are the main "tank" class. Their high defense allows them to take on many mobs and "solo" them. Their damage is also high, which helps them to keep the "Agro" from a monster.

They tend to be the "best" class in lower levels. Because of this, many people picks fighters if they want to make a perm.

Now there is something basic from this class:

STACKING!

The process of stacking is:

Dealing multiple damage to an X target by 1st hitting the target with a normal "poke" (left clicking it or using a shortcut), and after that, using skills. The pokes you will normally be dealing without using any skills will continue to inflict damage to the target even if you use skills:

NOTE: Stacking is NOT available on old files (2008 files), but since this server has the "new" files with Tricks, you will be able to do it.

Because of fighters' quick skills, stacking is merely perfect for them, but we have to move on!

WEAPONS!

Fighters are able to pick between the following weapons:

1h Sword + Shield (Low damage, high speed and extra defense) [KNIGHT weapons]

2h Sword (High damage, mid speed) [KNIGHT and GLADIATOR weapon] (Lv. 20+)

2h Axe (Highest damage, low speed) [GLADIATOR weapon] (Lv. 20+)

NOTE: The class restriction starts after level 100, but you're free to use them all on lower levels, however, 2h weapons are usable only after level 20 and JC quest completed.

EVOLUTION!

Lv. 20: Fighters evolve to a Clever Fighter after you complete your 1st JC (Job Change). At this point, you will be able to pick any weapon (for Fighters ofc..).

Lv. 60: Clever Fighters evolve to a Warrior after you complete your 2nd JC quest. There are no new weapons, but you will get new Skills.

Lv. 80: Warriors evolve to a Battle Warrior, there is no JC quest here and you will only obtain a new title and upgrades for some skills.

Lv. 100: Not a noob anymore :P, at this point you will have to pick between being a Gladiator or a Knight. They have their differences and pros/cons. Even if you will still have a brief explanation from the lady you will talk with in your Job Change I will explain it fast.

KNIGHTS: PVE/Tank class. 1h/Shield and 2h Sword users. Pick this if you want to have a high defense, if you like to be the main Tank on w.e party you are in and if you like to have fancy gears. 

GLADIATORS: PVP/Damage Dealing class. Axe and 2h Swords users. Pick this if you want to have a high attack power, if you like to destroy what ever is on your sight and if you like to have Slave-like gears.

STATS!

As I said before, Fighters have a nice defense and attack. They start with the following stats:

STR:  6   (Damage)   

DEX:  3   (Aim and Evasion)                              

END:  5   (Defense and HP)

INT:    1   (Magical Damage [You're not going to need this for a Fighter])

SPR:  1   (Magical Defense and SP, it also increases crit. rate if empowered ONLY with stat points)

HP: 52

SP: 10

As you may have noticed, STR and END are the highest while their weak point is SPR. This makes them have a bad time while fighting Magical creatures. (This can be helped with a Shield) 

The stats you will empower depends on what you really want.

PURE END:

Some people just likes to have an amazing defense, they don't really care about having damage, they want to tank everything and survive without a problem.

I personally don't like to go END unless I'm a cleric, but it's not my character.

PURE STR:

Now for those who seek the absolute power, they just want to destroy everything and kill the enemy as fast as possible.

Now this is a tricky build, your damage will be absolutely destructive IF you don't MISS....

HYBRIDS:

A combination of different stat empowerment.

25 SPR rest STR:

Why 25 SPR? Adding 25 points of SPR adds an extra 5% critical rate. They want to have high ATK power while mixing it with high critical rates. Stacking crits while having high damage is just DEADLY.

25 SPR rest END:

Some people have this theory, having high defense with poor damage isn't cool, so why not doubling my damage with high critical rates while keeping my huge defense? I have never tried this build before, so I can't really tell how good it is. 

50 DEX rest STR:

This is by far the most common build among high levels, in order to have a decent STR while having a nice boost of Aim and Evasion, they go with this build. 

33 DEX rest STR:

Just like the above build, except that you will have some less Aim and Eva but more damage.

50 DEX 25 SPR rest STR:

Mixing 5% critical boost, high aim/eva boost while keeping some damage. Now honestly this may hurt your STR because of the amount of Stat points used for DEX and SPR. 

WRONG BUILDS:

All stat empowering but INT:

Buddy, you're doing it wrong. I have to admit that, when I started playing, I used this because I thought having a good portion of stat on everything was going to help. I was sooo wrong. xD

Anything with INT:

I don't have to say why... 

As for gear stats, try to seek for END DEX SPR gears. (If you're a perm 36 to 56 go seek STR END DEX). Of course finding this kind of stats on a gear is hard, even more having them high.

Why not STR? Well buddy, besides Fighters having a high (actually the highest) STR boost. I'm not saying don't seek for STR. I'm just saying stacking it up a lot on your gears may not be necessary.

SWITCHING!

The process of Switching consists in using different kind of Blue Gears in order to use their effects while fighting. Now before I start, you must have in mind these aspects:

1.- Your latency or PING needs to be low enough so you can switch without a problem. If you have a high latency, you will NOT be able to switch fast enough and even your gears won't be equipping at all. Which may result on you losing a battle.

2.- SHORTCUTS.... This is a MUST if you want to switch fast enough, unless you got a fast hand so you can move through your gears and equip them without a problem, use SHORTCUTS instead!! (Check ESC menu)

3.- FPS: Having a low FPS is like having a high latency when switching, you may end up switching wrong and only equipping 1 item or even missing a piece, which may result in death.

Now talking about Blue Gears, have in mind these 2:

SLASH SET: Man, this lovely set. Slash Set empowers your Fatal Slash skill's effect, it will decrease your opponent's defense even more using this set. Being a 2 piece set, Switching to it is relatively easy.

MIGHTY SET: Your right hand when PVPing. Mighty Set empowers your Vitality skill. Not only reducing its Cool Down, but also increasing its effect. You will have less Cool Down and more power each time you switch to this. You're even able to perma-Vitality by empowering the Skill's CD and Effect Time. But I don't recommend this.

Q: But... Where am I able to farm those sets?

R: Both sets are farmeable by killing Zombie King (located in Graveyard of the Dead) and Giant Goblin King (located in Concealed Peak).

Now a tip, try to find a DEX Slash set, simply because if you switch to this while being high level, your stats will drop and you need DEX so you won't miss when using Fatal Slash.

There are many blue sets in Fiesta, with a bit of training you should be able to switch between Slash, Mighty, Dim, Swing (for Shield users), etc etc.... :)

REMEMBER! Be careful while switching or you may unequip your gears by accident, which may result in death.

SKILLS!

Just like any other class, the Fighter has its unique Skills, I won't be providing an explanation of all, but I shall focus on important ones.

DEVASTATE: The Fighter's signature Skill. It's an AoE (Area of Effect) Lv. 43 Skill which, besides inflicting damage to around 12 monsters, it has a Stun probability.

On this Skill, I HIGHLY recommend you to empower it in both CD and Effect Time. In face, it's a MUST for every Fighter.

Vitality: Another signature Skill. It's a buff skill. Allows the user to increase damage while DECREASING defense. You have to know when to use it, otherwise it may cause you to die. You may empower it if you need to have a boost of damage most of the time. It's an important skill specially if you Farm. 

I recommend you to get a Mighty set (explained above)

DE-BUFFS:

A Fighter won't do anything without its debuffs. They depend highly on them. Here I will list some of the most important debuffs of a Fighter, they may NOT work when casted, so don't expect a 100% chance probability:

FATAL SLASH: This Skill deals damage decreases your opponent's defense. This server may have the rates of this skill lower, but its power will be buffed. <----Need confirmation!

BONE SLICER: This Skill deals damage and decreases your opponent's attack rate. (NOTE, it will NOT decrease the speed of a Skill)

DEMORALIZING HIT: This Skill doesn't deal damage, it can pick agro though. Decreases your opponent's damage. (ONLY DAMAGE not Magical Damage)

Depending on what you want to be, GLADIATOR or KNIGHT, you will have to empower 1h or 2h skills. As well as different kind of skills. I cannot tell you a "perfect" build, since we all have different styles.

If you would like to see more skills, go to this page:

http://www.fiestaonline.net/guide/listSkill.asp?classType=1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCLUSION: Fighters are perfect when you farm and for PvPing, their tremendous debuffs and high damage + stacks makes them a real treat for those seeking a battle against them. They, however, need a good helping party when it comes up to leveling fast.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, and thanks to the original owners of the Youtube videos  :)

Got any questions or anything else? Post a comment ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i lovethe video, one thing i dint understand though, am  i suppose to repeatedely press the shortcut button while doing the skills or am i suppose to use the auto attack before the skill , im so confusesd.......