Downgrade rate.

Skylite

Hi there~

I didn't check if this was suggested before, so if it was, apologies. 
Before I start explaining my suggestion; I have only talked to a few guildies about this so more peoples opinion on this would be nice before a final decision is made~

For the last few days I've been farming jewels, trying to enhance them, getting the best stats possible.

Now, not every player does this, the more experienced once to try to downgrade to get the stats they want. ( Ofcourse, you need to have the extra cash laying around to do so~)

Example; Good mage rings, get +3str on it, try to downgrade so the str goes away and maybe get int instead.

However, while trying to do this on Core, I've noticed you actually have more chance of your jewels being upgraded instead of downgrading, even when only using a red eye.

LOJ65Oz.png

This is my last few tries for instance.

The first upgrade was +str. Which was ofcourse horrible, so I tried to downgrade with only a red eye. It upgraded again and str again ._. ~

So then I was able to downgrade twice, no biggie there..

But then,

2 Successes again, of which the last one was bad stat, so.. tried to downgrade.

Item enhancement failed. No issue. Get more stones~

Still trying to downgrade; It upped, failed but not downgraded, upped again... so that's 3 downgrades I have to try and accomplish... More chance of making it an all str badge.

Now I know this is a long and boring story to read,

So in short; 

Enhancement rate itself is fine,

Fails are fine, ups are fine,

However, I'd like to see a little more % to downgrade if not using blue eye on jewels/badges, just for those people who like to put work in getting good stats :c.

Sorry for the long post~

Thank you if you've read this far.

This only makes it harder if you choose to not use the Blue safe stone & want your item to upgrade. When people talk about making it easier, they're generally talking about how often the enhancement succeeds and want this simply because of how expensive t5 safes are. But, with the addition of the 110 abyss, I think t5 safe prices are now in a good spot, and enhancing t5 is not nearly as painful as it once was. I don't have much experience with trying to downgrade jewels, on the few times I did try I managed to succeed most of the time... But I do think the % chance for a downgrade should be fairly large for when an item fails and no Blue safe was used.

Lol, so you're asking for it to be harder to enhance your items? Well that's a surprise, usually people want to make it easier.

Not when all eyes are used~

But if no blue eye is used, the rate of an item actually downgrading isn't high. You get more upgrades than downgrades even without a blue eye, not even speaking of 'normal fails'. o:

To make a short explanation;

When people use no blue eyes, the downgrade rate is kinda low, maybe attempt 5 times and still no downgrade. 
When enhancing and you want no downgrade, they should use blue eyes.

It's fairly easy to enhance stuff without using blue eyes and not getting a downgrade due low downgrade rate.
People should use all 3 bundles to ensure the no downgrade will be caused. Not betting on it since the rate is low, which some people might do or are doing perhaps.

Edited by Damascosa

I increased the enhancement rate because users asked for it to be increased, so they have to pay less to upgrade items. You're asking me to reduce all the enhancement rates.

No, that's not what we're asking. We want the rate of Successes and Failures to stay the same; it's in a good spot. We want the probability that an item will downgrade when a failure occurs, to increase.

For those unaware of how enhancing works in Fiesta, when you enhance an item 1 of 2 things happen; a Success or a Failure. A success leads to the item's enhancement going up by 1, or very rarely, by 2. A failure leads to multiple things: Nothing, breaking the item (prevented by red safes), and downgrading the item, meaning the enhancement value goes down by 1 (prevented by blue safes). 

What we're asking is that when a blue isn't in use, and a failure occurs, that the item is more likely to downgrade. NOT that the overall rate of failures is increased.

I know exactly what you're saying. The issue with that is new players won't have enough money to keep buying blue stones, to prevent failures.

I know exactly what you're saying. The issue with that is new players won't have enough money to keep buying blue stones, to prevent failures.

It's only for jewels / badges, not gears. I dont know if this makes a difference.

But in my experience new players don't enhance badges/jewels and focus on gears first.

Now again; I don't know if these are 2 seperate enhance rates :x

• 3 years later...