Event Rewards

DoughyCookie

btxwvVG.png

Basically, the point of this thread is a request to make all event rewards follow this, as this makes sense. If you win an event you should be free to do what you want with the rewards, until you use them and they become bound similar to all other CS items. 

The main purpose here is to make the Snowflake Event Costumes tradeable until they are used, as currently they cannot be traded. I believe everything else in this event (except maybe the scarf) was tradable as well, and only the Karen wings remained tradable after use. Personally, it doesn't make sense to restrict the people who invested time into the event to farm these costumes by permanently binding those costumes onto a specific character. If they spent the time & effort doing the event, they should be able to use the reward on whichever character they choose (or even give it to a friend as a gift, or sell it since maybe they don't need/want the costume but are in need of money. I don't see how these would hurt core in anyway). 

In my case, I was pretty restricted in what class(es) I played during the time of the event due to the low population, and in order to efficiently play the game everyone in my guild had their 'role' that they played. With this growing population (which is exciting!) I'm no longer needed in that role and was free to choose whichever class I'd like, problem is my supply of event suits has been left on a character that is hardly being used for anything anymore. And I'd really appreciate if I had a way to move these suits over and make use of the reward that I spent a good amount of my time in working for. 

Thanks very much for your suggestion! It's good to see that there is some support for it since we had already considered making these changes to the older event items. I had already communicated my reasons to you in private but I will share them with everyone else, too.

1. Easier to distribute prizes. Tradeable event items allow us to distribute prizes to players much more quickly via trade rather than having to go through the cumbersome process of manually placing it in your reward inventory. 

2. Event flexibility and attendance. Since the items can be dropped, it gives us more options when hosting events. It might also increase event attendance because players have more use for the costumes which makes the event more worthwhile.

3. Economy. I hope that eventually there will be event items whose stats and cosmetic appearance are so desirable that they will be considered rares that players would be willing to spend lots of gold for, thereby adding another dimension to the game's economy. 

If there are any objections to this suggestion, I'd be willing to hear it. Otherwise there is a high probability that this change will be made in the near future. 

As far as I know the only untradable event prizes have been the Core Event Costumes from the snowflake exchange. Some other items that may not be tradable are the Scarf from that same event, or the costumes that drop from the phino vault. Also, they're may be event prizes from before my time that aren't tradable, not sure. The only one I can confirm is the 3 piece costume from the snowflake exchange.